Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Quadratec "Customer (NON) Service"

Old 10-15-2010, 03:27 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Quadratec "Customer (NON) Service"

So, I'm getting all this junk email from Quadratec, and thought I'd prefer an old fashioned paper catalogue, I can read in the can. So I called them up, and gave them my (Canadian) postal code, and was told 'Sorry, you have to do it on-line, and there's a $9 charge for that.' Huh? So I asked him if they could please send me one anyway, for free, and THE JERK HUNG UP ON ME!

Lets see, so far I've spent about... well lets just say I've probably spent more on mods for my 08 JK Rubi, than I spent on buying it new. Some things were actually bought from Quadratec in the past. I'm currently looking for either HID or LED headlights, and some rack lights, a rear winch bumper, and maybe the superchips.

So how much extra does it cost to mail their 'free' catalogue to Canada? $2? maybe $3? FWIW, 4WD Hardware can afford to mail me one for free. Given that we have about 10% of the US population, most US 4x4 businesses I've talked to lately say they're doing a significantly disproportionate amount of business with Canadians (i.e.much more than 10%). Perhaps it's the better economy, or more room for wheelin', or maybe some of both - not sure. Apparently our money isn't green enough though for Quadratec, and they don't seem to care much about customer relations either. I won't be shopping at Quadratec for a long, long, time.

Last edited by BoggerSwap; 10-18-2010 at 08:38 AM.
Old 10-15-2010, 04:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Red face

Somewhat agree with you. It has been my experience with other large scale distributors that it is typically an option when placing an order that you can request to receive a free catalog when you place that order. Shipping costs will be insignificant when a catalog is sent out with other items. However, to call up out of the blue (particularly on a Friday, lol) and request a free catalog, it is no surprise to me that you got the response you did. Remember that the company would now be accruing all shipping, processing, and handling costs by doing this. However, the call taker blatantly hanging-up on you is very unprofessional and were you to call at a later date and make a complaint regarding this matter, they may ultimately remedy this most unpleasant experience with their valued customer by providing them with a free catalog
Old 10-15-2010, 04:32 PM
JK Newbie

Default quadratec.

i have to ask you if you deal with the same salesman each time. the next guy u call tell him you will make him your guy and ask for him by extension.thats how they make their money and trust me he will go out of his wasy for you. i recommend rob at x 337. i use him always and sometimes he knocks off the shipping. you can tell him i recommended you .
Old 10-15-2010, 04:36 PM
JK Freak

yea i would have to agree with the last post, when you get the personel extension they really do jump through hoops for you. i just ordered my winch a couple of days ago and a few other items and he nocked off about $250 between shipping and overal cost of the items listed online. i think the guy i usually use is shawn at ex 350 he hooked me up. hope it helps. and yes i always get a free magazine
Old 10-15-2010, 05:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

You can have one of mine....I bought 5 wheels, and got 5 damn mags!
Old 10-15-2010, 05:53 PM
JK Freak

Talk to Eric Hoffnagle. He is in customer service not sales. Tell him Frank sent you.

Last edited by Dirty Dog; 10-15-2010 at 05:56 PM.
Old 10-16-2010, 02:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

spread the word around,stop buying from them,.....there would be others
Old 10-16-2010, 04:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default not a fan

I tried a few times to buy from quadra, wanted the tread lightly liners.. its like 35 shipping in USA. I was like without free shipping forget it buddy. most online stores on the planet offer FREE shipping.

I won't buy from them =(*
Old 10-16-2010, 04:28 AM
JK Freak

I'm in Quebec, and , strangely I receive this catalogue each year for free. And, I bought only one part in Spring 2008

I don't buy to Quadratec anymore because they refuse to ship by USPS. I don't want to pay the 55$ custom fee of UPS

Last edited by JKU Rubicon; 10-16-2010 at 04:34 AM.
Old 10-16-2010, 05:19 AM
JK Freak

I use Quadratec to locate things that i would like to buy. After i find it on their site (which is easy cause they have a JK only section) i search all the other websites like 4wd, JC Whit, etc. Most other websites offer free shipping but don't charatorize their JK parts all to well but by using Quad first i copy an paste the item number and description an put it into the other websites search options. I never order directly from Quadratec.

Quick Reply: Quadratec "Customer (NON) Service"