Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Question about 4wd

Old 05-28-2010, 06:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't miss manual hubs at all myself. No more hopping in and out, rocking the Jeep back and forth trying to unlock them. Or, laying across the hood reaching into the water trying to lock them without getting wet! I still do all these things with the CJ-5, however that thing lives in 4Lo anyway.
Old 05-30-2010, 12:55 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AK4Dave
One thing that always gets me, in this day in age, if you can push a lever and have instant 4 wheel drive, then why then can't they make it where you can push a lever or button and not have the whole front end turning in 2wd...??? It's silly to have the whole front end turning for no reason other than to have the damn thing wear out earlier.......maybe that "IS" their reasoning....
One more part system to malfunction. YJ Wranglers had a vacuum disconnect on the front axle which were NOTORIOUS for malfunctioning. It would also add cost to production for a system that most people would not want to pay additional money for, so it doesn't make financial sense for the factory to do that. It would be nice if lockout hubs were optional for those who are willing to pay for them though.

Quick Reply: Question about 4wd