Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Question! About seats!

Old 11-06-2013, 05:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question! About seats!

So I did some looking around and couldn't find a thread on this. So I have a 2013 wrangler 2 door and want to put 3 people in the back with seat belts. Does anyone have a after market seat or have a custom idea? Any input is greatly appreciated thanks guys!

Sent from my iPhone using JK-Forum
Old 11-07-2013, 11:23 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I haven't seen any aftermarket rear seats for the 2-door. Anything you'd be doing would probably be totally custom. The width is the killer, since the rear seat in the 2-door sits between the wheel arches. In the Unlimited, the seat bottom sits forward of the wheel arches. Totally different setup. I can't imagine getting 3 people back there in a 2-door safely, or comfortably.
Old 11-10-2013, 12:45 AM
JK Newbie

I've done exactly this for my three kids, admit its a little snug but it works fine.
Removed the cover on stock seat and spaced apart the stock belt buckles using a heavy gauge steel brace bolted to the stock frame. Then mounted a third inertia reel belt to the rear of the seat base.
Next made up a heavy gauge steel bar, bolted across the sport cage using longer bolts through the upper seat mounts (with crush tubes) The bar has a tab welded in the correct spot to pick up the third upper belt mount - bingo 3 belts in the rear!
Will take some photos if you wanna see it?
Old 11-15-2013, 02:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yes please!

Quick Reply: Question! About seats!