Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Questions about Badlands Offroad (IN)

Old 06-25-2007, 08:11 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Questions about Badlands Offroad (IN)

So, the wife and I are taking the Jeep from Connecticut out to Chicago this Summer to visit some friends, and she (being a good wife) found that the Badlands Offroad park wasn't too far out of the way on our drive back... here's my question to anyone that's been there:

Can a better-than-average driver with a stock Sahara have a good time at the Badlands without breaking anything? My concern is that if I go there
1) the terrain might be too "extreme" for my stock Sahara (with delicate/scaredy-cat wife on board).
2) I may break something important, and have to get a transport home from IN to CT... which would be a huge PITA and cost mega-$$$...

Any thoughts? Do they have mild-to-moderate trails that a stocker can enjoy comfortably? Help a brother out... Thanks in advance!
Old 06-25-2007, 08:54 AM
JK Newbie

They do have moderate to easy trails available...I haven't been there (yet), but our club did a road trip; many were new/had stock vehicles and had a blast.

Old 06-25-2007, 09:01 AM
JK Newbie

I was fortunate enough to be a trail guide for a number of events that were held at the Badlands in Attica and for a while my wife thought i lived there, i went so much. Now i haven't been in about a year or so but there are a number of trails that a stock wrangler can do and are very fun.

1) Green trail: easy trails with lots of up and down hills.
2) White trail: easy trail with some river action and a couple steep slopes
3) Dunes: Lots of sand to play in and do what you want
4) Quary: easy to super hardcore, just drive around and try what you want.

All in all you will have a blast I lead numerous stockers through the Green and White over my years as well as had good times in the queary and dunes.

Hope you have fun.
Old 06-25-2007, 09:05 AM
JK Freak

They do have mild to moderate trails that a stock Sahara could do. Is your Jeep a 2 or 4 door? I've been there a few times with my stock TJ and had to get tow roped out (once each visit) of a couple situations, but nothing major. No damage either. If your cautious and cafeful, it should be a good time! See if you can't hook up with some one from the forum there. Or maybe you could make buddies with someone when you get there. If you did get yourself in a situation alone, there will be plenty of Jeepers and others there to help you out. I surely wouldn't pass up a hung-up Jeeper!! A CB would be a definate plus!! When are you going to be there?
Old 06-25-2007, 09:13 AM
JK Newbie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Ask here, http://www.lcjs.org/modules.php?name=Forums
Old 06-25-2007, 10:44 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by BARNO
They do have mild to moderate trails that a stock Sahara could do. Is your Jeep a 2 or 4 door? I've been there a few times with my stock TJ and had to get tow roped out (once each visit) of a couple situations, but nothing major. No damage either. If your cautious and cafeful, it should be a good time! See if you can't hook up with some one from the forum there. Or maybe you could make buddies with someone when you get there. If you did get yourself in a situation alone, there will be plenty of Jeepers and others there to help you out. I surely wouldn't pass up a hung-up Jeeper!! A CB would be a definate plus!! When are you going to be there?
Thanks for all the responses folks. The way our schedule looks at the moment, I'd guess we'd make a day of it on 7/31 (Tuesday) on our way back to CT...

Quick Reply: Questions about Badlands Offroad (IN)