Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Quick Question

Old 08-30-2008, 12:07 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Quick Question

Now i know there are a dozen threads regarding this subject as a whole and I have a few of em saved to my subscriptions list but I can't find the answer I'm looking for.

I have the infernal NSG 370 transmission ticking noise. My dealer told me to bring it back Tuesday to get it fixed since they figured I'd want it for the labor day weekend. Now I had plans to do a little 4 wheeling and take my girlfriend out to a day at the springs and then drive back.

My question is: Is it safe to drive the Jeep for long distances (no more than 200 miles) and do wheeling with the ticking noise doing what its doing?
Old 08-30-2008, 01:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If they know about the problem, wheel it! Your probably going to clean it up before you take it in anyway. It is a 4wd vehicle, made to go offroading. A recreational vehicle recreating on the biggest recreatonal day of the year. What did I say? Oh well, yes, wheel it
Old 08-30-2008, 05:57 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It wouldn't be anything to serious. Some dirt roads. I wouldn't be mudding in thats for sure. The dealer already knows I brought it in for a problem and they're letting me have it for the weekend so they can "properly diagnose" the issue.

Quick Reply: Quick Question