Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

quick soft top question

Old 09-26-2007, 05:06 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default quick soft top question

it seems like my soft top has gotten louder as the summer has gone on. It seems like above the windshield its letting in a lot of wind? anyone have this problem?

thanks
Old 09-26-2007, 05:24 PM
dsp
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I noticed it on the wifes one day that I put the top back up when it was colder. It seemed louder. I took it down a put it back up in the heat of the day when the sun was out. It seems quieter now.
Old 09-26-2007, 05:51 PM
JK Newbie

when putting it back up, do you attach the windshield part first or something else. Mine drives me crazy. it's really loud the faster i drive. Just trying to figure out if it's user error or a problem with the top.

thanks
Old 09-26-2007, 06:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

If you latch the front first, you'll have a significantly smaller gap at the weatherstripping than if you do the back first. If it is too tight, leave it in the sun with the front latched for a while and then try the rear sail panels. My father had noise issues and was going back toi front. Kiddo straightened him out...
Old 09-27-2007, 03:03 AM
HEK
JK Freak

Make sure you start in the front and take a peek to see if the front of the soft top is really snug along the edge of the windshield frame, I have no problems with wind noise....o BTW next step that works for me is doing the corners in the back and then the sides, I'm not sure what the manual says but it's the way that works best for me....
Old 09-27-2007, 06:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Mine has gotten progressively louder as well... I've also noticed buffetting of the top with the front windows down, but I noticed it this morning with all of the windows up. It was really annoying.
Old 09-27-2007, 11:23 AM
JK Newbie

thanks, I will try that and see how it goes.

it just doesn't seem to get tight above the windshield.

Quick Reply: quick soft top question