Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Rain-X on a soft top.

Old 12-02-2010, 08:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good to know there are alternatives. I'll have to try 303.

As for the Rain-X, I looked on the bottle and it didn't say not to put it on plastic. Maybe I just overread it, I was kind of in a hurry yesterday.
Old 12-02-2010, 09:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

I use wax on mine and it works great ! Water beads off. No fogging issues whatsoever. Mud & dirt rinses off easier too.
Old 12-02-2010, 10:08 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did my Soft top windows 2X and have had nothing but awesome perfectly clear no hazing results. I wash the jeep running and heat on high with "Hot" water, (Starting with a brand new sponge on the windows first) dry her up. Then holding a paper towel folded into 4ths hold it against the window and saturate the bajeezus out of it and begin aplying.

Then after all windows are hazed up I grab a nice cotton t shirt and do a first wipe down. For the final "Buff" use a new Microfiber and blam not a streak or haze to be found. THEN SHUT OFF THE JEEP.

Water beads off of theese things like sweat at an illegal border crossing.
Old 12-02-2010, 11:07 AM
JK Junkie

I use the Mopar plastic cleaner and it works great. It's like a wax for the windows, so water beads off and helps clear up small scratches. Maguires also makes a plastic cleaner that works just as well.

Quick Reply: Rain-X on a soft top.