Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Random things people have said to you driving doorless.

Old 01-29-2015, 10:32 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

On the way back from Redcloud Off Road park a few weeks ago, I stop behind a buddy who lives in the same town as me with my doors and top off (in sub-30* weather). There was this lowered rice burner Honda next to me with an extremely attractive redhead in the passenger seat, so naturally, I just smile and she smiles back and waves. Well turns out her boyfriend didn't like that too much, but it didn't stop me from making it worse and riding next to him while she giggled at how upset her boyfriend was getting. I told my buddy (who is quite a bit older than this girl and I) in front of me what was going on over the cb only to see him leaning out of his jeep telling her to do something or another. I wouldn't be surprised to see her in a jeep now, she was laughing and smiling so hard. No wonder some people hate us just because of what we drive lol

Last edited by JK505; 01-29-2015 at 10:35 PM.
Old 01-30-2015, 01:23 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by DunnyBunny

Mine was riding with tops down and doors off a little after she was 2. She has loved it ever since. People don't realize how safe jeeps really are now. Not saying you dont. I do and have always had her seat in the middle of the back seat though
They are SAFER. But I wouldn't go as far as to call them safe. Side-impact is still bad. Rollover and related tests they remain unrated in, to my knowledge. I'm sure somebody is more than willing to shred me on this but "study-wise", I'd agree they are better now than they were but still not great.
Old 07-13-2015, 07:24 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 63 Likes on 58 Posts

The other day, leaving the hardware store (honey-do list), there was a family was getting out of the car next to us. The daughter, I would guess about 4 years old, told her dad, "Dad, thats a funny looking Jeep!" the dad looked at me, I couldn't help but smile, he then turned to his daughter and asked her why she though the Jeep looked so funny. She replied, "Why don't it have no doors?" to which he replied, " well, cause that is how he likes it, I recon." as we slowly rolled back out of the parking spot I told the guy, that he was right, and it was the only way to be!

Then, today leaving the gas station there was a mom and a very small boy crossing the parking lot behind me, when I pulled out of the parking spot, and then turned to go, I could hear the boy shouting, "Deep, mommy, deep! Deep! it's a real Deep, mommy!

I really do love inspiring the future generations of Jeep drivers!
Old 07-13-2015, 07:29 PM
JK Newbie

I sent a picture to my mom of my jeep without doors with a text saying I had my doors stolen...she actually believed me and tried to file a police report...
Old 07-14-2015, 10:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

I asked by buddy to race me in his zl1 camaro. He just tells me he will blow my doors off.
Old 07-14-2015, 05:55 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MikeRM
I asked by buddy to race me in his zl1 camaro. He just tells me he will blow my doors off.
just race him offroad lol
Old 07-19-2015, 05:05 AM
JK Super Freak

Great to see this thread back for the season.

Topless and doorless I noticed a guy behind me in a BMW with top down, and of course the windows UP LOL.

He pulls out to pass comes up beside me looks me up and down in complete disgust for what seemed like 10 seconds.

Finally passes me and moves in front of me while flipping me the middle finger. WTF? ( I dint do a darn thing)

My daughter ridding beside me looks at me at without missing a beat says " ya he doesn't understand"

I'm laughing, we pull up close to Mr Grumpy at the light with Jason Alden " My kinda party" cranked, one foot outside the tub....Jeep proper.

Some people...
Old 05-13-2016, 07:55 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by webejeepin
Great to see this thread back for the season. Topless and doorless I noticed a guy behind me in a BMW with top down, and of course the windows UP LOL. He pulls out to pass comes up beside me looks me up and down in complete disgust for what seemed like 10 seconds. Finally passes me and moves in front of me while flipping me the middle finger. WTF? ( I dint do a darn thing) My daughter ridding beside me looks at me at without missing a beat says " ya he doesn't understand" I'm laughing, we pull up close to Mr Grumpy at the light with Jason Alden " My kinda party" cranked, one foot outside the tub....Jeep proper. Some people...

Dude!! That is so priceless! Love it!!!!

Quick Reply: Random things people have said to you driving doorless.