Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Rear brakes

Old 10-08-2011, 05:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear brakes

Ok I have 13,800 miles on my 2010. The brakes started squeling yesterday and i figured I had a small rock or some dirt in them. So I cleaned the front up because I thought the sound was coming from the front but no luck. So I pulled the rear calipers off and the pads were shot. So I replaced them. My issue is I cant believe the rear pads were shot at 13800 miles. This is my first rig that I had to replace the rear pads before the front. Do the stock rear pads just suck or something? Is this a normal thing on JK's?
Old 10-08-2011, 06:07 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That does seem like kind of low mileage to have to replace them. Mine lasted about 33k miles, and about 20k of that was with a hemi making the brake lock limited slip work its ass off. My fronts were still at 50% life.

Plenty of threads complaining about this. The pads are small and the BLD limited slip helps wear them. Also if you were in the sand and mud alot.

Still, only 14k seems lame.

Last edited by Yankee; 10-08-2011 at 06:10 AM.

Quick Reply: Rear brakes