Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

rear door on 4 door 2007 jeep jk

Old 07-23-2009, 04:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rear door on 4 door 2007 jeep jk

on my 2007 jeep the welds on the rear cargo door all broke and i never really open it, maybe 20 times since ive owned it. i took it to the dealer and they said that they dont think it will be under warranty. my question is has anyone else had this problem with this on there jeep.
Old 07-23-2009, 05:25 PM
JK Freak

what size tire are you running
Old 07-24-2009, 05:27 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

I haven't had any problems, and I'm running 33s, too. I am careful opening and closing the tailgate because of the extra weight--don't slam it, for example. What welds broke, anyway? Why is the dealer saying it may not be covered?
Old 07-24-2009, 07:25 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

X2 what size tire are you running on the stock tire carrier? I run a 33 and I have to adjust my rear gate every so often with the bigger and heavier tire.
Old 07-24-2009, 08:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

sorry im running 33x 17 inch mt bajas the welds that broke are the ones along the top and the ones by the hinges. they said because moss dodge didnt put the lift on and riverside jeep did they can not warranty it. but riverside jeep went out of buisness and told me to go to moss bros dodge. i have all the papers that say it is under warranty and they said they cant do anything so next week im going to talk to someone there and see whats going on because this isnt the first time its happened. ill try and get some pictures of it.
Old 07-24-2009, 12:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

sorry i know the lift wont do anything. what i was tring to say is riverside jeep put the lift and wheels on it and said it was all under warranty, but then went out of buisness and moss bros dodge wont cover the warranty on it because they didnt put it on and for that they said the tire is the reason for the welds braking. the only warranty they will cover is the life time powertrian warranty and not the 6 year bumber to bumper.
Old 07-24-2009, 02:05 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by cbrewer22
... not the 6 year bumber to bumper.
What six year bumper-to-bumper? If you paid for a separate warranty, maybe you need to find out who that was--I doubt it was the dealer that sold it to you. But, regardless, 33s are not going to cause those welds to break if they are properly manufactured. There are too many of us who have 33s with no problems. I've read of some folks with 35s having problems--but even those are pretty rare. Maybe talk to another dealer.

A random thought: If they're saying your six year warranty is void, maybe they owe you a refund.
Old 07-24-2009, 02:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

i bought my jeep new in 2007 and i had the option to buy the 6 year bumper to bumper they were doing at the time. at the same time i bought it it had the life time powertrain warranty as well. i just got off the phone with the lady at moss bros dodge and she said they have to call another person out because when i first got the jeep my brother put his snowboard in the back and it put a scratch it the back door and there trying to say that that could of broke the welds on the door. almost two years ago it just broke two weeks ago wtf.

Quick Reply: rear door on 4 door 2007 jeep jk