Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Reasons to keep the Jeep

Old 11-18-2010, 09:04 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Reasons to keep the Jeep

Lately I've been pretty bored with the Jeep.
I've only owned it for 6 months, and I've only been able to get out 4x4ing once during that time. Aside from that it's pretty rough riding and simplistic of a vehicle.
Top it off with that the wife and I are planning on having a kid in the next year, which 2-door Wranglers aren't very good at getting car seats in and out of. Plus that'll mean no more trips to CO for a few years.
Then I've also got the Harley for whenever the weather is nice enough to have the top down I'm just riding that. So I never take the top down or the doors off.

Plus I'm looking at new tires for the winter. So I've been highly considering trading it in on something more luxurious....
Or taking the plunge, buying some 35" Duratracs and keeping it forever.

If I sell it, I'll probably get another in a few years when the kid is old enough to go camping with us. But in the meantime I'm thinking a Tundra might be a better for for the next few years.

Help me out with the decision here guys.
Old 11-18-2010, 09:11 AM
JK Freak

I've been in the same spot....And trust me, FIND a reason to keep it! I've traded a 06 TJ Rubi and 09 JK for other vehicles! I miss both of them...Once springs comes back around & your seating inside a normal truck or car saying to yourself, I wish I had my Jeep right now with the top & doors off!
Old 11-18-2010, 09:12 AM
JK Junkie

Ooo tough spot. I would say keep it. But then again I off road and am 18 without a wife girlfriend or kids. I take the top and doors off all the time. My job gives me the financial ability to mod my ride while paying it off. I have always wanted a jeep an now I have one :-). So I guess it's truly up to you. Do you still want your jeep or not?
Old 11-18-2010, 09:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Kytann
Lately I've been pretty bored with the Jeep.
I've only owned it for 6 months, and I've only been able to get out 4x4ing once during that time. Aside from that it's pretty rough riding and simplistic of a vehicle.
Top it off with that the wife and I are planning on having a kid in the next year, which 2-door Wranglers aren't very good at getting car seats in and out of. Plus that'll mean no more trips to CO for a few years.
Then I've also got the Harley for whenever the weather is nice enough to have the top down I'm just riding that. So I never take the top down or the doors off.

Plus I'm looking at new tires for the winter. So I've been highly considering trading it in on something more luxurious....
Or taking the plunge, buying some 35" Duratracs and keeping it forever.

If I sell it, I'll probably get another in a few years when the kid is old enough to go camping with us. But in the meantime I'm thinking a Tundra might be a better for for the next few years.

Help me out with the decision here guys.
Simple!
Trade your 2door for a 2011 4 door.
The new 2011 is more luxurious then the 2007-2010 models, and the 4door have much more room

Check the 2011 models, you might like it!
*I didn't, but I don't like luxurious in my ride

Last edited by A.R.X-D; 11-18-2010 at 09:19 AM.
Old 11-18-2010, 09:18 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

One of my biggest regrets in life is trading in my 2006 Unlimited Wrangler, for a truck. Even now that I have a 2dr Rubicon I still wish I wouldn't have traded in my old unlimited. By now I would have a bad a$$ paid off lifted jeep.
Old 11-18-2010, 09:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by A.R.X-D
Simple!
The new 2011 is more luxurious then the 2007-2010 models, and the 4door have much more room

Bingo - I couldn't have said it better! Problem solved...

I have 2 youngins myself and if they had 4 doors back in 2001 I would have bought 1 then....I'll be honest all of their friends wanna ride in it, it is the coolest vehicle on 4 wheels!
just out of curiousity - what does the tundra have that you can't get in a 4 door jeep?....besides stuck

Last edited by medburd; 11-18-2010 at 09:27 AM.
Old 11-18-2010, 09:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by A.R.X-D
Simple!

Originally Posted by medburd
Bingo - I couldn't have said it better! Problem solved...
On the same note,
I have a wife and a 5 months old daughter that always fall a sleep in the Jeep!
They love it!
Old 11-18-2010, 09:29 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by sacdaddy03
I've been in the same spot....And trust me, FIND a reason to keep it! I've traded a 06 TJ Rubi and 09 JK for other vehicles! I miss both of them...Once springs comes back around & your seating inside a normal truck or car saying to yourself, I wish I had my Jeep right now with the top & doors off!
That's one thing, if it's nice enough for that I'll be on the Harley.
Old 11-18-2010, 09:41 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by RubiKing
One of my biggest regrets in life is trading in my 2006 Unlimited Wrangler, for a truck. Even now that I have a 2dr Rubicon I still wish I wouldn't have traded in my old unlimited. By now I would have a bad a$$ paid off lifted jeep.

Eh maybe. I've got a badass lifted Tacoma. Paid for and all that. Problem is everything here Rusts to shit, long before it's sell-by date. I just dropped hundreds of dollars in repairs on it so it would run (and stop) good for this winter. But I don't wanna keep it, even with it's badassness due to rust issues. Originally I was going to sell the Tacoma for the Jeep. But having trouble selling it for what it's worth.
Old 11-18-2010, 09:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Keep it. I have 2 boys that are 5 & 9. It is super easy for them to get in and out especially when the doors and top are off. You should see the teachers when I drop them off at school and they stand up in the seat and jump out of the back! You will regret trading it unless you get a 4 door.

Quick Reply: Reasons to keep the Jeep