Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Received A Kind Gesture From DC Today

Old 02-04-2008, 02:20 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Received A Kind Gesture From DC Today

Although we all have had our gripes over the past year and a half or so due to new model year issues and all, I for one, have had quite few myself.

Last February after purchasing my new JK, I had many of the issues that a lot of us have had. In particular, the Freedom Top Leaking issue and a cracked hard top shell. As long time owner of the Jeep Wrangler (5 TJ's) In a vain attempt, I also sent DC many an email regarding my issues with the new JK I had purchased. As we all got the same seemingly automated responses from our emails, mine were the same email. I had finally just given up. After all, they got their money and I thought "Oh well they got theirs and that's all they care about".

Today I was surprised to see the UPS driver show up at my door step with an unfamiliar (Rather Large) box. I looked at the senders return address and it was Chrysler LLC.

I knew I hadn't ordered anything from them and thought to myself: OK this is strange.

I proceeded to open the box in a post Christmas frenzy and to my surprise was an albeit late apology letter for my inconveniences last year (Hand signed I might add).

Aside from a sincere apology, the contents also included a Mopar storage bag for my Freedom Top panels and a Jeep Wrangler hat.

Just thought I'd share this as I thought it was a very kind gesture on the part of DC to keep me somewhat satisfied and maybe remain a loyal customer.
Old 02-04-2008, 02:29 PM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Maybe they'll send something to the soft top owners too. Although I don't have any leaks it'd still be nice.
Old 02-04-2008, 02:48 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's a nice gesture on their part. Having a freedom top with no leaks, I have to say that I wouldn't trade it for a leaky one and a free bag, but it's nice to know that Chrysler is willing to try to make up for it.
It's funny the amount of things a well written letter will get you.
Did the leaks ever get fixed?

Quick Reply: Received A Kind Gesture From DC Today