Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Red, White and Blue JK to travel country

Old 11-09-2010, 08:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Red, White and Blue JK to travel country

This is pretty cool, thought I'd share:
http://liveshots.blogs.foxnews.com/2...-liberty-jeep/
Old 11-09-2010, 09:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

I like the graphics, but that about it. Needs wheels, tires, lift/level. It should be impressive, but it's just one off the lot with graphics.
Old 11-09-2010, 09:56 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Spirit of America Jeep Wrangler Special Edition (Red White And Blue Stars & Stripes)

From USA Today:

Since it's inception, Jeep has had strong ties to the U.S. Armed Forces, having carried such military legends as Generals Dwight D. Eisenhower and George S. Patton. Thus, it's only fitting that it would be the go-to brand for this latest mission.

Just in time for Veterans Day this Thursday, The Spirit of Liberty Foundation and The Tragedy Assistance Program for Survivors (TAPS) are unveiling two Spirit of Liberty Jeeps today aboard the USS Midway Museum in San Diego. The vehicles, wrapped in a flag motif by automobile artist Kiwi Terry, were designed to honor the men and women of our Armed Forces and their families.

But their journey has just begun.

Beginning on Memorial Day weekend in 2011, the Jeeps will leave San Diego for a cross-country tour, covering 12,000 mile and visiting 43 states and the District of Columbia along the way. Their destination? The New York Harbor to mark the 10th anniversary of September 11th on the Intrepid Aircraft Carrier.

"This effort will raise awareness of these American heroes and their families and bring attention to their needs and raise funds that are so greatly needed," says Richard Rovsek, chairman of marketing firm M2000, who is spearheading the effort. "All of the money raised [through the campaign] will go directly to support the wounded warriors, and their families, and the families of fallen heroes."

During the journey, folks will be able to bid on the two Jeeps while Jeep Wranglers with the Spirit of Liberty motif will be available for purchase from participating Jeep dealers in the fall of 2011. And for an interesting twist, several celebrities, sports figures, politicians and wounded warriors and their families will drive the Jeep along the way. So far, Harrison Ford and astronaut Alan Bean have committed to the journey.

"We are beginning to receive commitments from high-profile Americans who have agreed to drive the Spirit of Liberty Jeep across America," explains Rovsek. "Part of the value of the vehicles is that they are they will be the most celebrity driven vehicles ever."

h t t p://crossingofamerica.org/

Anyone see it's debut this Am?

Video form Fox:
http://liveshots.blogs.foxnews.com/2...ce=twitterfeed
Old 11-09-2010, 10:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mixilpidilstick
I like the graphics, but that about it. Needs wheels, tires, lift/level. It should be impressive, but it's just one off the lot with graphics.
I agree that the jeep could be a lot better, but the idea is cool
Old 11-09-2010, 10:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Yeah, I posted it in JK Talks
Old 11-09-2010, 10:28 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by CJ-JK
I agree that the jeep could be a lot better, but the idea is cool
+1
Old 11-09-2010, 10:40 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by CJ-JK
Yeah, I posted it in JK Talks
I merged the two.....
Old 11-09-2010, 10:43 AM
JK Newbie

Liberty and freedom FTW! If I had 3k I'd pay to have thaT wrap put on my 2 door... wait no, if I had 3k I'd be buying gold right now. But that is a cool thing they are doing.
Old 11-10-2010, 10:25 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good god I was just thinkin' if you did haul off and buy one later on in 2011 and say the wrap started peeling somewhere.*shivers* imagine the dealer fix Hacked up crazy glued and a denial of warrantee LOL
Old 11-10-2010, 12:39 PM
JK Super Freak

12000 mile trip, huh?

In that time, at least one will need new rear pads and probably another will spin an engine bearing.

Quick Reply: Red, White and Blue JK to travel country