Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Regular Maintenance & the Warranty

Old 11-05-2009, 05:25 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Regular Maintenance & the Warranty

Simple question but I'm sure it'll get a complicated answer.

Do I have to perform all the recommended maintenance items that Chrysler puts into the maintenance schedule to keep my warranty valid?

I'm told by the dealer that I have to get my oil changed every 5000km. Seeing as I put synthetic in, I seriously don't think I need to change it every 3k miles! ...and what about the other items in their 'recommended' schedule? I just paid $200 for them to 'service' my brakes which to me looks like they did nothing. What about taking it to another mechanic or doing it myself??? Yes I also got soaked with having them change my diff fluid which I could easily have done myself! I just didn't want them coming back to me one day if I have an issue with my diff saying....'oh you didn't change the fluid when you were supposed to so you're SOL'.

Man, where do I sign up to buy a dealership...it's a licence to make $$$!
Old 11-05-2009, 05:38 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do the work yourself, document it (receipts) and mark your little book. They can not force you to do the services there to keep your warranty, or they have to do it for free. Do not tell them you change your oil at different intervals, its a paperwork game. I should be more on top of mine, however being it is my profession, they'll be hard pressed to give me $hit about my maintenance!

Quick Reply: Regular Maintenance & the Warranty