Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Remove Jeep Logo

Old 11-18-2014, 10:51 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Remove Jeep Logo

Anyone who has done this before, any recommendation for the most efficient way of removing the Jeep logo from the steering wheel? I am wanting to take it out to paint it.

Thanks.
Old 11-18-2014, 08:13 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by thewxguesser
Anyone who has done this before, any recommendation for the most efficient way of removing the Jeep logo from the steering wheel? I am wanting to take it out to paint it.

Thanks.
the center part of the steering weel probalbly has a few tabs and maybe a screw ( this is usually where the airbags come out so it should pop right off but im no expert car/jeep wise...
Old 11-19-2014, 05:15 AM
JK Newbie

I guess I was wondering if it is attached similar to those on the outside of the vehicle?
Maybe use a blow dryer or something and pop it out?
Old 11-19-2014, 05:32 AM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Just a bit of advice. If you are going to do any sort of experimental surgery on the steering wheel, disconnect the battery and wait 10 or 15 minutes before touching it. The last thing you want is to have the airbag deploy while you're working on it.

Quick Reply: Remove Jeep Logo