Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Rescue Green IS back

Old 02-12-2010, 02:17 PM
HGF
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like the rescue green...thats why I got it. Not sure I'm happy its back though, I like the limited colors because it helps make my Jeep more unique. However, it is definitely one of my favorite jeep colors.
Old 02-12-2010, 02:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ronjenx
I just went to the Jeep "build my own" site, and Rescue Green doesn't appear as a choice on any of the Wranglers.
I just came from the dealer and ordered Natural Green Mind you, I made this choice after I told them I needed to think about Rescue and Natural greens over lunch. That lunch took over two hours. I can assure you that dealers can take orders for it now. They told me it would go into production in April, but orders could be taken for it now. Rescue and Mango; and, the supposedly disappearing Smurf Blue appear in their computer ordering software as options. Charcoal is gone, however. I was also told they had already taken an order for the Mountain edition. Apparently, there is much mismatched info on the Jeep site. Even the dealer inventory listing is wrong. There is another thread about that.

Last edited by Waiting; 02-12-2010 at 02:29 PM.
Old 02-12-2010, 02:47 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Waiting
I just came from the dealer and ordered Natural Green Mind you, I made this choice after I told them I needed to think about Rescue and Natural greens over lunch. That lunch took over two hours. I can assure you that dealers can take orders for it now. They told me it would go into production in April, but orders could be taken for it now. Rescue and Mango; and, the supposedly disappearing Smurf Blue appear in their computer ordering software as options. Charcoal is gone, however. I was also told they had already taken an order for the Mountain edition. Apparently, there is much mismatched info on the Jeep site. Even the dealer inventory listing is wrong. There is another thread about that.
Congratulations on your choice.

It was a win-win in my book.

Now you just have to wait...

Good thing is it gives you plenty of mod research time
Old 02-12-2010, 04:56 PM
JK Newbie

I also ordered a JK Rubicon Unlimited tonight. Rescue Green was indeed one of the color options. I actually chose silver because it hides scratches better than the darker colors.
Old 02-14-2010, 04:21 PM
JK Newbie

Default Another confirmation

When I picked up my new Unlimited yesterday, the dealer confirmed that Rescue Green was again available for order and that they had placed several.
Old 02-16-2010, 06:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have a silver, but have always sorta regretted I didn't get rescue green.

Good think they scrapped the plans for the diesel or I'd probably be at a dealer spec'ing out a rescue green diesel Rubi.
Old 02-17-2010, 08:32 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Awesome color!!!! Actually Rescue Green was my second choice in color...I wanted Detonator Yellow...but not available on the Sahara Model...I actually get lots of comments on this color.

Old 02-17-2010, 08:33 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by matt33
I also ordered a JK Rubicon Unlimited tonight. Rescue Green was indeed one of the color options. I actually chose silver because it hides scratches better than the darker colors.
Actually you will be surprised Rescue Green is not bad of a color to hide dirt and scratches....it's still not as good as Silver or White.
Old 02-17-2010, 08:37 AM
JK Super Freak

My sister inlaw calls my jeep bugger green as in pick you nose.
Old 02-17-2010, 09:49 AM
JK Freak

I honestly wanted Red as my first choice. Mostly because as a kid my neighborhood friend across the street was a greedy bastard with his Red Jeep Powerwheel he got for Christmas when we were 5. He never let me drive it. I just got to ride shotgun and operate the flip that turned the windshield wipers. @#*$!

Well now I got my fuggin Red Powerwheel. Slapped him with pics on facebook when I got it and told him he'd never get to drive it. (he lives far away now)

My second choice was Rescue Green. Green being my favorite color...and that its just a sick beastly color on a Jeep! Sadly when I bought my 09 2dr back in October of 09, the dealership had no Greens in stock except for some super decked out Unlimited Rubi for like 35K. I wanted a 2dr X. Huge price difference there lol!

Quick Reply: Rescue Green IS back