Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Reset "Change Oil" MIL without doors - is it possible?

Old 08-30-2011, 08:42 AM
bkw
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Reset "Change Oil" MIL without doors - is it possible?

hey All,
Got a tricky one for you. I can't seem to reset my MIL using the usual ON>press pedal 3x>OFF procedure. I think it's because I'm running non-factory doors (bestop) and the power delay between turning the Jeep from on to off takes apprx 30 seconds.

Anyone else able to reset their MIL w/o factory doors?

Would bringing the Jeep into the dealership so that they can program it to turn off all power immediately work?

Thanks!
Old 08-30-2011, 08:46 AM
bkw
JK Freak

Here's the procedure to turn off everything the moment you turn the key to the OFF position. Shame that it needs to be done by the dealer.

"For those that go without doors or don't like the "Reserve Accesory Power", it can be removed. I found it while at the dealer with their Star Scan hooked up. I called 4 dealerships and searched every forum and search engine for the fix. Apparantly it's not known anywhere!!

It takes all of 5 minutes. If you have anything done to your JK it can be done at the same time. Odds are the techs won't know of it or where to find it so here is the poop:

When the scan is complete, there are a bunch of tabs on their screen.

Top right tab: Accessory Options (or something like that).

1st option in that tab: Accessory Power Delay (or something like that). Mine was defaulted to 45 (seconds). Type in the new value. I had it changed to 0.

A few down is: Headlight Delay (or something like that). I had that changed to 0 too versus the 30 seconds that was there.

That's it. Now I turn off the key and everything goes off. Doors off and all."
Old 08-30-2011, 10:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

That's cool! It is a pain when running doorless with the delay. I usually just shut the radio off...or leave it on and walk away and watch people stare at it until it turns itself off.
Old 08-30-2011, 10:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by htweelz
That's cool! It is a pain when running doorless with the delay. I usually just shut the radio off...or leave it on and walk away and watch people stare at it until it turns itself off.
I like the walk away. I have had people say to me in parking lots, "hey your radios on!" I just keep walking and say I know.
Old 08-30-2011, 02:02 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nathanmares
I like the walk away. I have had people say to me in parking lots, "hey your radios on!" I just keep walking and say I know.
Me too, it's like your entrance music...
Old 08-31-2011, 06:20 AM
bkw
JK Freak

Back on topic. Anyone with non-factory doors figure out how to reset the MIL?

Quick Reply: Reset "Change Oil" MIL without doors - is it possible?