Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Retrofitting seats

Old 09-27-2010, 06:26 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Retrofitting seats

Please pardon me if this has been addressed somewhere else.

I'm about to have a baby in March (yay) but have a 2 dr. JK (yay for me, boo for baby.) I am wondering if anyone knows of a way to retrofit my JK seats so they're the flip forward ones from the days of the TJ. I think that would make life a billion times easier with a rear facing infant seat on the passenger side. Thanks in advance for your advice, I'm keeping my fingers crossed
Old 09-27-2010, 06:40 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Easiest I would think is to just leave the top down and just load/unload the baby from the side of the vehicle.

I kid I kid...

You probably just have to man it up and squeeze into the back to load the baby each time. Or just dont drive your Jeep with your baby...use your wife's vehicle when baby has to come along for a ride.
Old 09-27-2010, 07:41 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Rawb77
You probably just have to man it up and squeeze into the back to load the baby each time. Or just dont drive your Jeep with your baby...use your wife's vehicle when baby has to come along for a ride.
That's the problem...I am the wife

My husband's car is just as impractical as mine. And he has somehow developed some sick love affair with it and absolutely refuses to trade it in.
Old 09-27-2010, 08:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

Dumb question. Can you put the car seat in the front passager seat facing backwards and turn off the airbag? I know my old Civic Si had the feature for turning off the passager airbag but I don't know if our Jeeps have that feature.

Quick Reply: Retrofitting seats