Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

rhino line

Old 11-17-2013, 03:37 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rhino line

I'm sure this topic has been beat to death but I'm new to the forum. Rhino line or not? Do it yourself or not? Moved to Fl and my carpet should come out but don't want to eff up my jk.
Old 11-17-2013, 05:09 AM
JK Newbie

I line-x'd the interior of my 2 dr. No regrets. Cost $550 here in northern VA, but at that price I was responsible for removing the interior trim, carpet, and seats. I used a dremmel multi tool with scraper attachment to remove the sound deadening goop. I can access my drain plugs now, clean up is much easier. I haven't really noticed a significant noise increase. I run RIPP long tube headers, so it's louder than normal anyway.
Old 11-17-2013, 05:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Did mine myself with monstaliner and love it.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20131117_081618.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	44.6 KB
ID:	511665  
Old 11-17-2013, 05:30 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Haven't done it myself just yet, but I'm about to pull the trigger on Raptor liner. Lots of threads on this topic already. I did a bunch of research myself already. Just my 2 cents, but the conclusion I came to is...

Line-X is the most durable, but also most expensive.

Rhino liner is a close second, but too soft of a texture for many folks.

Monstaliner and Raptor Liner are the better of the DIY options. Seems to me like between these two it boils down to the texture you're looking for. I'm going for Raptor Liner myself. The kit with enough material to do your entire tub with the spray gun runs a little over $100 on Amazon. Compared to the $800+ quote I got from Line-X, I think I'll give Raptor Liner a shot.

I used Herculiner on my old TJ, but can't comment on it's durability because I sold the Jeep shortly after installing it. If you go the DIY route, try letting the sound deadening material soak in Dawn dish detergent. I heard after a couple hours the material will simply wipe up. Again, I haven't tried it myself, but I'd give that a shot before going the heat gun and chisel route. Good luck.
Old 11-17-2013, 08:11 AM
JK Newbie

LineX
I also live in FL. I had mine Linexed and love it yes to coast more but I do not have all the tools and things to do it myself.
It looks great and with all the rain in summer the carpets get nasty.

Old 11-17-2013, 04:15 PM
JK Newbie

I linexed the inside and out side also. .total amount was 2k. Love it had it done in Jacksonville Florida. Off Blanding Blvd. .. safari line x excellent job. ..

Quick Reply: rhino line