Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Riding doorless/topless .. securing items

Old 09-30-2011, 08:46 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Riding doorless/topless .. securing items

I'm still new to owning a jeep, but am loving riding doorless and topless. When I commute to work I need to carry a briefcase and on the weekends I play soccer and carry a soccer bag with me. I am paranoid of those items flying out so I just buckle up the bags or the briefcase. I have search high and low for this type of thread and cant seem to find one.

How does everyone else secure items they need to have with them such as gym bags, or other stuff?
Old 09-30-2011, 08:49 AM
JK Freak

Default Depends

I throw most of my stuff in the very back and never had a problem.
Other I items I put in a bag (duffle or whatever) and then throw it in the back. I don't keep much loose in the floor or seat with the top and doors off.
Old 09-30-2011, 08:51 AM
JK Newbie

I did it all summer and it kind of depends on 2 door or 4 door. I have a 2 door and just put my stuff in the back seat or in the footwell in the back seat. If you have a 4 Dr I would guess you'd have to put them all the way in the back. I found that grocery bags in the back seat have a tendency to find a way out of the Jeep, even with things in them. I now tie the bags shut.
Old 09-30-2011, 08:52 AM
JK Super Freak

I just put stuff on the floor since it's usually too heavy to fly out.

BTW: You don't happen to drive doors off top off in Goodyear off I-10 and Cotton Lane, you do? Think I've seen you a few time in the last week.
Old 09-30-2011, 08:57 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by ZMagic97
I just put stuff on the floor since it's usually too heavy to fly out.

BTW: You don't happen to drive doors off top off in Goodyear off I-10 and Cotton Lane, you do? Think I've seen you a few time in the last week.
Yup. I live on Cotton Lane and Lower Buckeye. Usually the Jeep only comes out on Fridays-Sundays or late night things.
Old 09-30-2011, 09:02 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by opolanka222
Yup. I live on Cotton Lane and Lower Buckeye. Usually the Jeep only comes out on Fridays-Sundays or late night things.
Ah, makes sense. I live in Canyon trails behind Target. I saw your jeep a few nights ago on Canyon Trails Blvd and Yuma when I was out for a walk.

It's a good lookin' JKU
Old 09-30-2011, 09:02 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I usually use a bungee cord attached to the soft top bars for my ammo can, gun case, water container.ect.. its not so it doesnt fly out but incase im ever in an accident those things would become a potentially deadly missile
Old 09-30-2011, 09:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

I bought a cable bike chain and a lock from walmart....keeps my gym bag from flying out (wouldn't happen anyway, the thing weighs a ton) and it also keeps it from getting stolen when I'm at school.
Old 09-30-2011, 10:13 AM
JK Newbie

I'll use a bungee cord through gymbag handles, or a seat belt in the passenger seat. I usually run with both back seats folded down, and for grocery bags I'll slide the pass. seat forward and use the space behind it. That works great- you can fit alot of stuff there, and the head rest helps hold it in place. I've never had a theft problem (knock on wood), even with half racks of beer back there.
Old 09-30-2011, 10:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

For most of my daily stuff, I carry a backpack (AKA my Jeep Purse by my GF and by my daughter) and throw the straps over the passenger seat. Gives me quick access to whatever I may need . For other things I put a Tuff box n the back and lock up what I don't want "walking" off to stay put . Works pretty good...

Quick Reply: Riding doorless/topless .. securing items