Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Rites of passage to be considered a true jeeper?

Old 07-08-2009, 06:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rites of passage to be considered a true jeeper?

What events do you consider someone to be a true jeeper? What's happened to me in the last week:

1) Went off roading in my shiny 3mo old 09 Rubi - partially tore off my front driver side fender
2) Got stuck driving in the rain with the top down
3) Left my jeep out over night with the top down and a crappy "water resistent" cover - it so happened there was a torrential downpour last night in NY (hail, fat rain, etc...) - made good use of the front, rear, and middle drain plugs (herculining my tub moved up to the top of the mod list)

Your thoughts?
Old 07-08-2009, 07:04 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All of the above....and even add in:

4) Driving with all doors off and performing a water crossing and suddenly you fill the interior with water! This will give you a quick lesson on carpet removal and finding all the drain plugs

Add in as well:

5) Off-roading with the top off and going through some mud holes splattering the interior & yourself and passengers with mud!!!
Old 07-08-2009, 07:15 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by nytennisaddict
What events do you consider someone to be a true jeeper? What's happened to me in the last week:

1) Went off roading in my shiny 3mo old 09 Rubi - partially tore off my front driver side fender
2) Got stuck driving in the rain with the top down
3) Left my jeep out over night with the top down and a crappy "water resistent" cover - it so happened there was a torrential downpour last night in NY (hail, fat rain, etc...) - made good use of the front, rear, and middle drain plugs (herculining my tub moved up to the top of the mod list)

Your thoughts?
Welcome to the forum. I see you are in Westchester. Im right in Yorktown!

That was some storm last night and yesterday afternoon. I drove in it with my soft doors and they nearly blew off!
Old 07-08-2009, 07:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

How bout towing another jeep 7 miles down a 12,000' peak over rock obstacles, steep hills and mud........did that last weekend.
Old 07-08-2009, 07:31 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by MELONHED
How bout towing another jeep 7 miles down a 12,000' peak over rock obstacles, steep hills and mud........did that last weekend.
I've been on the bad end of that task one time in Colorado ...

How about people asking you at work why there is always mud on your Jeep in the parking lot ...
Old 07-08-2009, 08:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

For me it's #2. When that happend to me, my buddy with a TJ congratulated me on popping my cherry!

A close second is getting my first Jeep wave.
Old 07-08-2009, 08:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Started off simple enough - we were leaving to attend a funeral (not a close family member) during winter in Central WI. I took the "path" that shaves off about 50ft (yeah, not much) over the road.

Well, winds must have been strong the night before - we got stuck in drifts that were about 3' -all four tires were off the ground by the time I stopped mashing on the the gas!

Needless to say, I spent the next two hours winching myself out - missed the funeral and got the silent treatment for two days!

It was totally worth it!
Old 07-08-2009, 08:39 AM
JK Super Freak

to be a true jeeper use the jeep for what it was built for
Old 07-08-2009, 08:51 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Smiley88
Started off simple enough - we were leaving to attend a funeral (not a close family member) during winter in Central WI. I took the "path" that shaves off about 50ft (yeah, not much) over the road.

Well, winds must have been strong the night before - we got stuck in drifts that were about 3' -all four tires were off the ground by the time I stopped mashing on the the gas!

Needless to say, I spent the next two hours winching myself out - missed the funeral and got the silent treatment for two days!

It was totally worth it!
I guess its funny but at the same time it isnt... bet you were one of few to ever get stuck while offroading in a suit~!
Old 07-08-2009, 08:55 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by BBirish
to be a true jeeper use the jeep for what it was built for
X10!!

TAKE IT OUT AND PLAY WITH IT

Quick Reply: Rites of passage to be considered a true jeeper?