JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   JK Talk (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-talk-26/)
-   -   Rites of passage to be considered a true jeeper? (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-talk-26/rites-passage-considered-true-jeeper-93011/)

MikeReo 07-08-2009 04:27 PM

a true jeeper must wrench on his own truck

pcarpenter 07-08-2009 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by nytennisaddict (Post 1222676)
What events do you consider someone to be a true jeeper? What's happened to me in the last week:

1) Went off roading in my shiny 3mo old 09 Rubi - partially tore off my front driver side fender
2) Got stuck driving in the rain with the top down
3) Left my jeep out over night with the top down and a crappy "water resistent" cover - it so happened there was a torrential downpour last night in NY (hail, fat rain, etc...) - made good use of the front, rear, and middle drain plugs (herculining my tub moved up to the top of the mod list)

Your thoughts?

Have done #2 several times. I live in NY also and refuse to put my top back on (never stops raining here). Last night it rained like hell. Had the trail cover on. Worked well except for the 2 huge pools of water that collected above the front & rear seats (inside was bone dry). When I attempted to lift the front of the cover slightly to remove the water ... the pool above the back seat shifted and ran down my back, right leg and right shoe. Half my body and work clothes were soaked. WHAT A DUMB MOVE :crazyeyes:. Love this jeep though!!!!

Kahntakt 07-08-2009 06:54 PM

The day you don't have to ask if you're a true jeeper; no matter if you have a 6" lift and 40's or you're a mall crawler; that's when you're there. :thumbsup:

And now to contradict myself, you're not there until you quit calling it a truck.

xerofall 07-08-2009 07:05 PM

mkjeep 07-08-2009 07:07 PM

After it rains , you totally destroy and make a big mudhole out of your back acre of land to try out your new 35's.

Suffolk JK 07-08-2009 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by scottrock (Post 1222942)
    X10!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

TAKE IT OUT AND PLAY WITH IT

That's what I said to her, but then I got smacked.:thinking:

nytennisaddict 07-08-2009 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by MikeReo (Post 1223823)
    a true jeeper must wrench on his own truck

that is definitely on my list... i plan on installing a aev snorkle (that first cut is gonna hurt), and install a lift kit on my own (when i can afford it!).

Ruby07 07-13-2009 09:29 AM

Once you have taken the Jeep somewhere off-road that a Subaru cannot get to, then you can be considered a true Jeeper!

I have heard to many times people tell stories about going down some off road trail only to meet a Subaru at the end. My response is always "you could have made that trail in 2-wheel drive"

Not saying anything wrong with a Subaru, just saying Jeeps are much more capable than some people first think.

BTW 2-wheel drive is great fun to start off on a trail. Just leave it in 2-wheel drive and see how far you can actually get. When you finally start slipping and sliding and can't make it, then back up a little, stick it in 4-wheel drive and put a smile on your face as you continue with no trouble.

robin 07-13-2009 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by Kahntakt (Post 1224310)
    The day you don't have to ask if you're a true jeeper; no matter if you have a 6" lift and 40's or you're a mall crawler; that's when you're there. :thumbsup:

And now to contradict myself, you're not there until you quit calling it a truck.

this is exactly what i was thinking, if you have to ask, chances are you're not there yet:rotflmao2:

4x4jkx 07-13-2009 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by Suffolk JK (Post 1224381)
    That's what I said to her, but then I got smacked.:thinking:

You beat me to it. Surprised it took this long for someone to post that though.