Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Roof rack search

Old 09-09-2013, 12:54 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Roof rack search

I have a 2 door 2011 Rubicon, I am trying to find a roof wrack system that I can use to support one of these flip out roof top tents you see.
I would like the rack to be mounted to the frame of the jeep, and hopefully be able to allow for easy hard top/ soft top changing. as well one that can be used full time and work if I have no top, soft top or hard top.
I think it would have to hold a fair amount of weight a well. Ie 2 people and a roof top tent.

if anyone has or knows of a great rack please shoot me detail, help me to make the right choice, oh and the caper the cost the better.
thanks in advance.
oh side note I have window mounted kc head light Hopefully the rack would not interfere with these fog lights
Old 09-09-2013, 01:00 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

GOBI would work for your needs.
Old 09-09-2013, 01:00 PM
JK Newbie

I've had a Gobi rack for about two years now and I love it. It holds a lot of weight and the rooftop tents fit well on top of it. It mounts into the bolt positions on the windshield and under the rear bumper, no cutting required.

It's expensive but it's been worth it. I wouldn't want to skimp on a rack over my head.
Old 09-09-2013, 01:03 PM
JK Freak

thanks I will look into the gobi rack

Quick Reply: Roof rack search