Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Rubicon parts swap

Old 03-21-2016, 04:57 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jonathan_JK
So if he takes all the stuff out that makes it a Rubicon its going to lower the value of what the bank gets at auction. So if he owes 18K on it and they only get 8K at auction because he striped it he's still on the hook for 10K it would probably be in his best interest to let the bank take it whole.
You are right, but the bank is not going to inspect to see which axle it has and neither will the people at auction. All are sold as is, I could put a Rubicon sticker on mine and that does not make it a Rubicon. So, it still sells for 10K, he is still out 8K, but he has some money in pocket. But like I said unethical. Could be considered a fraud, been proven with the right circumstances anybody will commit a fraud, if given the chance.

Last edited by OverKill; 03-21-2016 at 05:02 AM.
Old 03-21-2016, 06:10 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Has anyone thought that perhaps he is doing the swap to collect the money he owes, so that it isn't repoed?

Quick Reply: Rubicon parts swap