Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Rugged Ridge Mirror Relocation

Old 11-12-2007, 02:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MJ7 Green and Ugly

As for instructions... better to much than to little.
Not really!
Old 11-14-2007, 07:25 PM
JK Newbie

Guess I shoulda read this before I ordered the kit...

I bought the kit and it came via UPS today. The instructions were easy enough to follow, but apparently I ordered it before they revised them. The bottom torx bolt on the mirror bracket is dam hard to get to. Wish they woulda made that one a little easier, and I think I'm gonna have to go to the local hardware store and get some black bolts to replace the silver ones they sent me. The passenger mirror is a bitch to see, but then again I have the doors on. Even with the doors off the visibilty in the passenger mirror is a little restricted. Small price to pay to have a mirror and no doors, right? Overall, I'm glad I got it and would recommend it to anyone shopping around for a relocation kit.
Old 11-14-2007, 07:30 PM
JK Junkie

for everyone having trouble seeing the passenger mirror... i too have that problem, but have found a fix!

go to your local auto parts store and pick up some decent size convex (concave??) mirrors (aka Bubble mirrors)... they work flawlessly and complete fix the problem. I picked up the individually adjustable ones and they cover every inch of my jeep... no more blind spot
Old 11-14-2007, 07:33 PM
JK Super Freak

Since it's about function over fashion... Why not mount the drivers side relocation bracket and not mount the passenger. Most states only require a driver side outside mirror anyway so you'd still be legal with the doors off AND be able to use the passenger mirror part of the time. I'd prefer to just take off the passenger mirror all together and cover the holes with the filler plate. One less thing to get in the way when I'm stashing the doors. Just my two one hundreths of a dollar.
Old 11-15-2007, 01:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

07JKX, thanks for the tip on the bubble mirror, will do.

utahgoose, I was actually thinking about mounting the driver's side relocation bracket and leaving the passenger until Spring... good thought.

I don't care how someone thought that longer brackets would look like "big old floppy ears" I don't give a crap... I would rather have better visibility and not worry about damaging my bling-factor later.

I'll try the bubble mirrors this weekend. Thank you, folks.
Old 11-15-2007, 04:01 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by doctorrich
I don't care how someone thought that longer brackets would look like "big old floppy ears" I don't give a crap...
right, since when is this a group that hates to hang random accessories on the thing that make it stand out.

Quick Reply: Rugged Ridge Mirror Relocation