Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Safe Jeeping

Old 04-16-2010, 06:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Safe Jeeping

Hey Guys

Just wanted to share a story......I'm a fireman and tonight like anyother night we were toned out for a motor vehicle accident with entrapment. Get on the truck and head out to the call. We roll up on scene and it had to be a rolled two door JK. First and foremost I cried a little bit for the JK and the owner(until I relized that SHE was drunk as hell and got what she deserved, just thankful she didn't kill anyone.) Second I want to applaud Mopar for making such a stout roll bar. This Jeep took a hit and that roll bar hadn't the slightest be of structural damage.

Anyway be safe and happy Jeepin.
Old 04-17-2010, 01:19 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Interesting story. Officially it's not a roll bar. I doubt it would pass any official testing to be certified as such (NASCAR, etc), and I suspect that the lawyers stepped in and decided "sports bar" had a nice ring to it. But, it's good to know that it will provide at least some protection in the event of a rollover.
Old 04-17-2010, 02:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

glad I don't have to test mine to find out that it work. and I'm glad its there if i ever need it.
Old 04-17-2010, 02:02 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for posting your experience.

There was a thread earlier this year about the stock bar/cage including pics and it value was highly questioned.
Old 04-17-2010, 02:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Roll Bar v. Sports bar

Maybe they don't call it a Roll Bar - because some IDIOT would test it out to see if it worked.

Quick Reply: Safe Jeeping