Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Sahara w/rubicon suspension

Old 07-26-2007, 11:16 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default kinda true

the dealer was kinda correct, except its an X jeep with lockers in rear and electronic swaybar disconnect I am at camp jeep now and they have them all here. they only made 50 of them. I need to look closer for some of the other details like the 4to1 t-case and such. take a look here www.campjeepwrangler.com
Old 07-26-2007, 11:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

i have the Sahara 4 door and i was told that the difference between the Rubicon & Sahara, besides the painted flares is that the Rubicon is two gran more due to better suspension...more for serious 4 wheelin.
Old 07-26-2007, 12:02 PM
JK Newbie

Here is the Jeep caparison page off their site. Details of the differences are listed there. http://www-5.jeep.com/vehsuite/VehicleCompare.jsp

Hmmm. Site didn't copy right. Oh well. Go to the Jeep Site and pick on the Specs link after you get to the Wrangler page.

Last edited by Bad Dawg; 07-26-2007 at 12:06 PM.
Old 07-27-2007, 08:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OK to solve it all im doing this from the book.

Sahara and rubi share
coils
Control Arms
Radious arms.
brakes rear
2:72 to 1 in auto trans jeep

Rubi only unless added to sahara at dealer.
Elec Swaybar
Dana 44 front w/ locker and wiring.
dana 44 Std w/ locker rear
4 to 1 ONLY in a Manual trans jeep (ONLY)

Sahara only
Dana 30 open
Traclock rearend or locker
Dana 35 rear in non unlimited jeeps
Dana 44 Ugrade or std on unlimited

The Axels are interchangeable all you need to do is unbolt and the bolt new one up. no mods needed. You gain no lift from buing rubi parts. You are fowling your self. They are all set up to run the rubi size tires. THe rear bumper is adjustable up to 1 inch to clear the taller tire. But the sahara has the tallest tires on the 18's. if you dont belive me go to dealer and mesure for your self. I did it and there is 1/2 inch diff from the sahara and rubi. sahara is taller with the 18's. no diffrence in the set up under the ones with 18's ethier.

People have gotten this idea that they are better, but there not. You can sit down and go through the dealer parts list and youll find that they are the same. the only diffrence is when it comes to the unlimted, they have a heaver rear spring, NOT FRONT!!!!!!! all the jeeps are the same up front. lol someone on ebay found out you could make a buck by putting rubi on it, and it makes it sound better.
Old 07-28-2007, 04:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 98jeepboy
OK to solve it all im doing this from the book........
Sahara and rubi share............2:72 to 1 in auto trans jeep
The Rock-Trac transfer case is standard in ALL Rubicons. Your information is in error.
Old 07-28-2007, 04:53 AM
JK Junkie

Here's a photo of one of the "Camp Jeep Wranglers":

NOT that impressive in my opinion...
Old 07-28-2007, 09:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Duke
The Rock-Trac transfer case is standard in ALL Rubicons. Your information is in error.
Not an error there are two on local lot. that are auto and are not 4 to 1. But i guesss that it may be true for some as it shows it on the net now.

Last edited by 98jeepboy; 07-28-2007 at 09:42 AM.
Old 07-28-2007, 11:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

Not an error there are two on local lot. that are auto and are not 4 to 1. But i guesss that it may be true for some as it shows it on the net now.
I'll paypal you $20 if you can prove there is any factory stock JK Rubicon without the 4:1 t-case. I've owned two Rubi's (TJ and JK) and am on the various forums and have never seen or heard of one. Prove it.
Old 07-30-2007, 05:34 PM
JK Newbie

Default 4:1-vs2.7:1

I've never heard of the Rubi coming with a 2.7:1 transfer case either...maybe the two you saw are not really Rubi's. You should crawl under them and look at the ratio tag to see exactly what they have.
Old 08-01-2007, 06:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Option Package 24S

Originally Posted by tdkoon
I have been trying to purchase a rubicon for the past couple weeks, with no luck, but one of the dealers I have been searching with told me that at the end of the month he will be getting 3 saharas that will be at Camp Jeep in VA. He says that they will have the rubicon suspension,4.10's w/lockers, and rubicon's wheels/tires. He didn't have anyother details. I have not been successful in finding any mention of a jeep built crossbreed like this. Has anyone else? Thanks.
I bought a JK X model off the lot that had option package 24S. This package includes 4.10 axle ratio, heavy duty suspension w/gas shocks, 32" tires (Wrangler GSA's) on 17" rims, trailer tow group, front tow hooks, Trac-Lok limited slip differential, just about all the interior bells and whistles. It pretty much compares with the Sahara and differs from the Rubicon by not having the Swaybar disco's or the BFG tires plus I spent thousands less and have a quite capable Jeep....

Quick Reply: Sahara w/rubicon suspension