Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Sahara w/rubicon suspension

Old 08-02-2007, 04:14 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by eng23inelt
I bought a JK X model off the lot that had option package 24S. This package includes 4.10 axle ratio, heavy duty suspension w/gas shocks, 32" tires (Wrangler GSA's) on 17" rims, trailer tow group, front tow hooks, Trac-Lok limited slip differential, just about all the interior bells and whistles. It pretty much compares with the Sahara and differs from the Rubicon by not having the Swaybar disco's or the BFG tires plus I spent thousands less and have a quite capable Jeep....
It also differs from the Rubi by not having locking differentials and a 4:1 transfer case, not to mention the rock sliders and a dana 44 in the front. Which is a lot of equipment for only a couple grand. But yes indeed you do have a quite capable jeep.
Old 08-03-2007, 07:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just went and looked, both the manual and auto rubi's have 4to1 xfer cases.

Ron
Old 08-03-2007, 11:21 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The main difference I could find between the Rubi and my Sahara is that there wasn't and wouldn't be a Rubi in the area until September/October and my Sahara was sittin' there right under my butt. I just couldn't say no. No regrets except I can't seem to find a non-air locker for the "new" Dana 30.

Quick Reply: Sahara w/rubicon suspension