Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Saharas = Mall Crawlers?

Old 08-02-2011, 05:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i think he got his daily dose of crow.. He can call it what ever he likes, he can build walls but we can tear them down Jeep in itself is a culture and a passion. Most people when they buy a product that's faulty, they don't get another. Not us.. We go get another and another and another.. Maybe not the smartest financially sound idea, but what other culture will let you go rock crawling, destroy your rig and a guy you've never met in your life: Helps you by towing your jeep home 200+ miles just to get you home.. At the race track, a car up on a lift is a sign of defeat. A jeep broken, an owner stranded because his daily driver was wheeled so hard that weekend, and everyone who walked past offered their help. you only find that in our culture bud, doesn't matter if you drive a rubi, sahara or a X. I think most of us no matter the level of mods know more about this culture than you could ever imagine, because we eat breath and live to do what we do

I'm one deep mofo
Old 08-02-2011, 05:50 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by uber
no offense to the people who buy the Sport and mod it to the max.... but isn't the Sport MADE for poor college kids or factory workers who can't afford anything better but need to feel they are part of a gang so they can look down on others? ***

problem with all these "no offense" posts is they are deliberately intended to do just that...

***SARCASM btw
Great reply...I need to read no further...
Old 08-02-2011, 05:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

I kinda wish I got the Sahara I was initially looking at, but at the time I didn't like the painted fenders. now i'm diggin them and the
big 18 inch wheels

Last edited by Jack Sparrow; 08-03-2011 at 05:28 AM.
Old 08-02-2011, 06:10 AM
Super Moderator

Received 80 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by ChryslerChris
No offense to the guys and gals who use their Saharas for offroading and doing the JK name proud (you're definitely excluded from this generalization), but I can't help but think that the Sahara and it's matching colored hard-top, fenders and chromed out bumper accents were just MADE for the soccer moms and I-ain't-into-that-Jeep-culture-thingy people out there? Hey have to keep the brand profitable, right?
Truly a stupid comment
Old 08-02-2011, 06:11 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by JkHauler
really? You have a way with words.. I was preapproved for $47,000 at Troncalli Jeep and Dodge. this is my 5th round of owning a jeep wrangler, I didn't need power windows or doors or even the overpriced mygig that people seem to hate more and more... As they literally opened up the show room floor doors to roll out a "custom" rubi that had every bell and whistle on it, I spotted an X sitting by itself with 1 mile on it. I do my own upgrades and I do my own mods, and I'm quite certain my X is far more capable of doing what I need it to...
I'm just playing with the line of jokes on this thread about Sports being only for broke ass college kids. FYI I ride a Sport and am proudly emptying every pocket modding the crap out of it
Old 08-02-2011, 06:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by benny
Who's got the coolest soccer Mom, the Mom with the CRV? The Expedition? The Tahoe? I think the Mom with the Jeep is the coolest.
Very true! If I ever decide to become a mom you can bet I'd never be driving a van! Jeep all the way
Old 08-02-2011, 06:19 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by moalder
I better not see any of you modded Jeeps at my mall!
That comment made me laugh
Old 08-02-2011, 06:35 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by JkHauler
i think he got his daily dose of crow.. He can call it what ever he likes, he can build walls but we can tear them down Jeep in itself is a culture and a passion. Most people when they buy a product that's faulty, they don't get another. Not us.. We go get another and another and another.. Maybe not the smartest financially sound idea, but what other culture will let you go rock crawling, destroy your rig and a guy you've never met in your life: Helps you by towing your jeep home 200+ miles just to get you home.. At the race track, a car up on a lift is a sign of defeat. A jeep broken, an owner stranded because his daily driver was wheeled so hard that weekend, and everyone who walked past offered their help. you only find that in our culture bud, doesn't matter if you drive a rubi, sahara or a X. I think most of us no matter the level of mods know more about this culture than you could ever imagine, because we eat breath and live to do what we do

I'm one deep mofo

AMEN!! Well said!!
Old 08-02-2011, 06:55 AM
JK Super Freak

Default Lighten up everyone! :)

Aww come on guys and gals. Gotta lighten up a little. I know for a fact that everyone on these forums are Jeep enthusiasts and that we all love our Jeeps. You’re reading this posts and others for a reason – we all have the same passion, right? But I know for a fact that Saharas were designed specifically to appeal to the non-niche crowd – to basically bring in the people who originally thought the Jeep was too “rough” for use as an everyday vehicle. In truth, the JKU was designed for the exact same reason too.

As a prime example, my wife is somewhat of a girly girl who happens to love Jeeps. She loved my Liberty, drives a Commander and is absolutely thrilled with my modded Sport. (we both hated the Patriot, but who doesn’t?) But she would not drive a Sport or Rubi. For someone like her, a color matched JKU Sahara is THE PERFECT vehicle for her. She probably would never own a Wrangler any other way. I’m 100% sure that once I “accidentally” wrap her Commander around a tree on a solo grocery run someday, a red JKU Sahara is her replacement.

Now I know and respect the ones who buy a Sahara to wheel with and treat it as any other Jeep. That’s just awesome . A Jeep IS a Jeep – they are all capable.

But with “designed for the mass market” vehicles like the Sahara, it will inadvertently draw in non-traditional customers as well. It has happened to Porsche with the introduction of the 944’s and Boxter, or even the Cayenne. I have a slight issue with those people – they truly don’t get it. No waves, snotty, gives you dirty looks because you modded your Jeeps. It’s like folks who go to a Kid Rock concert wearing suits and evening dresses. No offense
Old 08-02-2011, 07:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Quick Reply: Saharas = Mall Crawlers?