Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

San Diego Trip Suggestions

Old 05-09-2011, 02:02 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default San Diego Trip Suggestions

I'll be in San Diego June 13 to the 20th, I'm looking for a few places to take the JK into. Not extreme, back country. Any suggestions would be helpful. I'm driving down from Alberta, Canada. I only know about the one place, Anza-Borrego State Park. I will be staying in Vista for the week.
Old 05-09-2011, 02:14 PM
Owl
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by OIIIO
I'll be in San Diego June 13 to the 20th, I'm looking for a few places to take the JK into. Not extreme, back country. Any suggestions would be helpful. I'm driving down from Alberta, Canada. I only know about the one place, Anza-Borrego State Park. I will be staying in Vista for the week.
Anza-Borrego and Ocotillo are great areas, but June??? It's possible that the weather will be mild, but most likely it will be very warm. As long as you and your Jeep are prepared, then it shouldn't be an issue (and if you're Jeeping with someone else).

There are some nice scenic rides a little closer to San Diego. Corral Canyon and Table Top come to mind. Corral Canyon has some "easy to difficult" runs. Table Top is scenic, and fairly easy.

Are you a rock crawler, or an overland fan?

There are other areas, but others on the forum would probably have better information that I.

Quick Reply: San Diego Trip Suggestions