Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

saw this JK at the AIRPORT parking lot this weekend.

Old 12-08-2008, 11:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hah, I been contemplating taking my Rubicon stickers off to make it a sleeper
I didn't even realise there were painted & umpainted guards on different models, we don't have an X or Sahara Down Under, just Base model and Rubicon.
Old 12-09-2008, 03:43 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Just Empty Every Pocket
I totally agree. Putting Rubicon stickers on your X or sahara is dumb. I have a lift, 35's, and just got Rubi Rails on my JK, but I would never put "Rubicon" stickers on my hood. Even if I got Rubi axles and a transfer case, I wouldn't do it. If I had a Rubi, I'd take the stickers off.

I think they are too often on jeeps that will never offroad, because the drivers are pretentious and bought the most expensive model. They bought a jeep because they want the top to come off, but would have bougth a H3 if jeep never would have came out with the 4 door.

Just IMHO....
I think it's great that those people buy Rubicons! That way in 6 -12 months we get an awesome deal on one & don't have to pay that instant depreciation when you drive a new vehicle off the lot. Like my current '07 JK X 2dr... I paid 20k for it, it has every available option (incl. the Dana 44 rear w/ 4.10's & power everything (which I am still not used to having in a Jeep) & all the good stuff & had only 2600 miles on it... I believe I saved about 6 or 7k... Thanks again yuppie scum!! I think maybe next year I'll trade up to a Rubi 4dr...
Old 12-09-2008, 04:12 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by tgrt
Hillarious. I could never understand the mentality of someone who must know that they're only fooling themselves and the ignorant, but that they're the laughing stock of their community. Whether it is Rubicon stickers on a JK or a Z28 emblem on a plain jane Camaro or whatever.
i especially like the cobra emblem on the side of mustangs... even when the word 'mustang' is written in the rear bumper (those who don't know, cobra is written into the bumper of cobras, and have a slightly different front end)
Old 12-09-2008, 04:35 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by eaglemikeo
i especially like the cobra emblem on the side of mustangs... even when the word 'mustang' is written in the rear bumper (those who don't know, cobra is written into the bumper of cobras, and have a slightly different front end)
It's somewhat reassuring that the lameness isn't limited to our community.
Old 12-09-2008, 09:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

I just don't get it .. isn't this world fake enough?
Old 12-09-2008, 01:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by defkon
god these threads are so lame.
Who gives a crap that he put on a sticker. Get over it.
Did you ever think that he just likes the look of the sticker and not trying to pose as anything.

LET IT GO ALREADY
Survey says?! Popular opinion says it's lame to put a Rubicon sticker on a non-Rubicon JK. Just saying.

C'mon, let's have a
Old 12-09-2008, 02:11 PM
JK Freak

Ironically I've had people mistake my X for a Rubicon since I have the fogs, same fenders and the rubicon suspension.

Externally speaking, there is no visual indication that it's not a Rubicon except no stickers.
Old 12-09-2008, 03:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by liquidrock
Expressing and personalizing is one thing - trying to pass something off that it isn't is just deceitful and less than honest.

Perhaps there is something out there that we aren't aware of but good lord. Why pay all that money to have people question your integrity

You mean like stealerships try to do all the time.. I think that is a great reason to put a Rubicon sticker on an X.. If you are trading it in!!! Give the stealerships back some of their own medicine!!!

Rubicons get $4k more on trade in. As dumb as some dealers are you might even be able to pass an X off as a Rubi at a Jeep stealership.
Old 12-09-2008, 03:54 PM
JK Newbie

I guess you could do that, But once they run a CARFAX/AUTOCHECK report on it they will know the JEEP's True Identity.
Old 12-09-2008, 04:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by hig4s
Rubicons get $4k more on trade in. As dumb as some dealers are you might even be able to pass an X off as a Rubi at a Jeep stealership.
I really doubt it dude, as soon as they punch in the VIN number into the computer they are gonna know exactly what it is.

Quick Reply: saw this JK at the AIRPORT parking lot this weekend.