Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

saw something funny

Old 08-08-2007, 05:50 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default saw something funny

i was driving on GSP (Garden State Parkway -NJ) yesterday and i was coming up on a 4dr jk sahara silver. it looked great until i got too the see the front. the owner put what looked like a bumper or grill protector of some kind. It looked like the pipes on a church organ. he painted it silver and the tops black to match his JK colors. I don't want to bad mouth another JK owner especially since i don't have mine yet...but i can't possibly see that these things were for off road they practically blew off the front just from driving on the highway. i couldn't find a picture to post but maybe someone knows what i saw. Does anyone know what these things are and do they serve any purpose?

2dr Sahara Blue Steel
Old 08-08-2007, 06:09 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks Bryan. I can see how yours are useful. The one I saw the tubes were closer together almost touching , with short ones on the end and got bigger till the center one. They didn't look as secure as yours as the top of the tubes were not attached to anything. It's probably my bad and i hope you are right because it didn't look right.

thanks again
Old 08-13-2007, 12:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default white bars

That is about the worst thing I can think of happening to one of our jeeps!! :sad:
Old 08-13-2007, 04:06 PM
JK Super Freak

Hey, I have a friend who has this on her TJ!

Quick Reply: saw something funny