Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Scuffs on interior door panel....Be Careful

Old 04-09-2007, 10:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scuffs on interior door panel....Be Careful

I just noticed something earlier today that made me a little mad at myself. There has been alot of talk about how crappy the interior plastic is. Well today i looked at my door panel and realized there were a bunch (like 20+ ) little nicks right by the armres/handle. I could not figure out what was causeing this.

After some CSI style research, i found out that everytime i took my seatbelt off it was sliding around and knocking the door right on the plastic trim. Even if I slowly unhook my seatbelt, if the buckle comes in contact at all with that plastic it makes a mark. I noticed that it is the same....only about half as many on the passenger side.

so be forwarned........be careful when unbuckling.
Old 04-09-2007, 11:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

wow im thinking aftermarket interiors may be big in the JK lol
Old 04-09-2007, 03:01 PM
JK Freak

why can i picture the passengers clawing there way thru the jeep while offroading
Old 04-09-2007, 03:40 PM
JK Freak

I think I may have them all over from fingernails too (I got into a few areas I knew better than to go - but the rubi got me out!!!).

BUT - I noticed the ones from the seatbelt too. Thanks for the heads up - I will definitely be holding the metal all the way down
Old 04-10-2007, 08:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have never been in a vehicle that the seat belt did not make a mark when it is unbuckled. Breath, it will be ok.

Quick Reply: Scuffs on interior door panel....Be Careful