Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Sea Foam?

Old 08-02-2009, 10:09 AM
JK Jedi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It was "tkob1060" that used it when he got mud and water in his intake. Here is a pm that we exchanged.....

that stuff is AWESOME Yes you can use it in the air intake, I did myself that weekend, after all thats where the water/mud really went lol. I pulled the sensor out of the intake tube and slowly poured it in there, 1/3rd of the can as it says right in the directions I am keeping a can in my jeep from now on Its a carb cleaner/injector cleaner type stuff, I poured the rest of the can into the gas tank. this stuff can be used on pretty much all engines.

check this out, I just saw this for first time. I may use my can I have now haha

http://www.seafoamsales.com/motor-treatment/index.html
Old 08-02-2009, 10:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

cool im going to have to get some for the wifes truck.
Old 08-02-2009, 02:10 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by sciguy6
So many know what it is and I can kinda guess but what is it any where do you get it? (How much?) Thanks
Rural King or Menards.
I believe it's on sale at Rural King right now for $6.49.
Old 08-02-2009, 03:48 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pick it up anywhere. I always get mine at my local Advance Auto Parts, but it shouldn't be hard to find looks like this

It is also a bit hit with the marine community......especially since the big surge with ethanol. Guys are using it as fuel stabilizer to keep moisture and water out of the fuel lines. It really is some pretty handy stuff to have around
Old 08-02-2009, 03:54 PM
JK Newbie

I've used this stuff in several vehicles, all with great results. I put some in my F350 w/ the 7.3ltr and the fuel mileage went up over 2mpg!

Best $10 I've spent.
Old 08-03-2009, 03:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

I did shock treatments with this stuff on my 2 cycle outboard boat motors. The smoke would kill every mosquito in a 2 mile radius. The stuff really works well for decarbonizing (sp?) a 2 stroke. I've never tried it on a 4 stroke, but it can't hurt.
Old 08-03-2009, 04:44 AM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

It's very good for unsticking lifters and cam followers. I've used it many times, especially when I cleaned out the top side of engines that were sludged up. It helps break down the remanents of sludge into a liquid so that it will drain out with the next oil change. Real handy stuff......got a kinda goofy name though. But it works.
Old 08-03-2009, 02:15 PM
JK Newbie

I used it in my motorcycle and it really smoothed out the engine

Quick Reply: Sea Foam?