Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Seat Covers ???

Old 10-07-2008, 08:16 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seat Covers ???

I want to protect my cloth seats but not sure what to get.I heard that neoprene covers make you sweat. Anybody have any recommendations?
Old 10-07-2008, 08:23 AM
JK Super Freak

I personally don't worry about protecting the seats, to me it's like putting plastic over your furniture If I ever sell it and the seats look bad I will then put seat covers on it.
Old 10-07-2008, 08:43 AM
JK Newbie

I got the neoprene ones and yes they do tend to be a little warm, but with a dog that likes to get dirty and all its nice to be able to take a wet rag and wipe the seats off.
Old 10-07-2008, 08:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

be fancy and get leather covers from Katskin

see for yourself... http://s142.katzkin.com/Katinterior/Default.aspx

Last edited by toad; 10-07-2008 at 09:39 AM. Reason: Please no direct links to non-sponsored vendors. Thanks!
Old 10-07-2008, 09:32 AM
JK Freak

Thumbs up Wet Okole

I had the Wet Okole seat covers in my TJ. They were great, and I plan on putting them in my JK. I have a black lab that like to go through the pond and every mud puddle he can find, and then he wrestle's with the other dogs at the garage after being in the pond and the driveway is gravel/dirt so he usually has a pretty nasty coat by the time we leave the garage. (NOTE: A bunch of friends and family hang at the garage and everyone helps one another with work on whatever. Big John Deer tractors, oil changes in the wives cars, changing 4 wheeler tires, changing the belt on snomobiles, rebuilding stuff, and fabricating.) So I'm sure I will have plenty of help with the mods to the Jeep. Sorry I went off in a tangent. I hope you like the story. lol. I really liked the seat covers. They are also good if you leave the top off and it rain, the water doesn't soak into the seat and get down below to all the metal brackets and start rusting stuff.
Old 10-07-2008, 09:40 AM
JK Freak

cover king
Old 10-07-2008, 09:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have the Wet Okoles too. My dog sheds like a yeti and the first time he put his dirty paws on the grey seats it was a wrap. Ordered them that night. Easy to clean but the dog still sheds like a yeti.

Most seats make ya sweaty unless you were considering some fancy-schmancy "cooled" ones.
Old 10-07-2008, 09:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Go with the wet okoles,
Old 10-07-2008, 11:02 AM
JK Freak

but the dog still sheds like a yeti.
I feel your pain brother!!! I have a 110lb dog most of which is fur. Seat covers are not an option for me....they're mandatory!
Old 10-07-2008, 11:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default I vote Iggees

Personally, I love my Iggees. I have 2 boxers that love to swim and roll in the mud! Seat covers are a MUST!! Just wipe and go. Hell with no carpet and for a good cleaning, I just Hose 'em Down and they are good as "New"!!

However, in the summer they can get a little warm on your buns. But just a small price to pay for great protection against the elements.

Quick Reply: Seat Covers ???