Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

seat problem

Old 07-18-2008, 07:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default seat problem

Just brought my Rubicon in again (3rd Time) for the passenger seat. I brought it home hit a few bumps and it broke free again. I just called and stated I want a new seat. They said bring it again maybe just an adjustment. Has anyone else had this problem.
Old 07-18-2008, 09:14 PM
JK Super Freak

I have not. Wierd... Ill check up on this!
Old 07-19-2008, 03:12 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by amff27
Just brought my Rubicon in again (3rd Time) for the passenger seat. I brought it home hit a few bumps and it broke free again. I just called and stated I want a new seat. They said bring it again maybe just an adjustment. Has anyone else had this problem.
Are you talking about the recliner mechanism slipping? The mechanism acts as the seatback hinge also and is replaceable, a whole new seat is not required.
Old 07-19-2008, 03:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Tell them that they are approaching the point where you are going to pursue lemon law action. You are very close anyway since this will be the 4th time to fix. . .
Old 07-19-2008, 05:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Yes the recliner mechanism has been replaced twice. and also the seat bottom won't lock in when the top stays forward.

Quick Reply: seat problem