Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Security...

Old 07-15-2007, 05:21 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Security...

I've found that I can order an X within my price range if I just stick with the stock headunit, and upgrade to the infinity sound system.

I just bought a kenwood KVT-819DVD for my pickup truck, and I love it. In fact, I think it would look great in a Jeep too.

Problem is, I've read about a lot of issues with people breaking into jeeps. Now, anybody who knows anything about the single din DVD flip-out monitors would know that they're a PITA to steal. Unless you find that external brain unit, the monitor is 100% useless. Nevermind the fact that this one has the security code and removable faceplate.

Anybody have any issues with aftermarket headunits? Are there ways to further conceal the unit (like flip down panels?).
Old 07-16-2007, 12:44 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I may be more negative about this than some, but...
I wouldn't expect a thief to know the limitations of the head unit. There probably are some who know what to look for, but you are more likely to have a crack head break in & tear a bunch of stuff up to sell your radio for 20 bucks.

Quick Reply: Security...