Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Security ??

Old 05-14-2010, 12:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Security ??

Hello

i am new to the forum and kinda new to jeep and have a few questions !
My first jeep was an 89 XJ 3in lift 2in body lift on 35s had for about a year untill it blew up and ever since i have missed my jeep. Anyways went in to dealership last week and ended up walking out with a empty wallet and the credit card company laughing !

I an a PROUD new owner of a 09 4dr sunburst JK
I will be or should be taking off the hard top this weekend as long as it does not rain .

Is it ok to leave the hard top out side until its time to put it back on for the winter?
What kind of steps should i take to having it on the ground or covering it?

Also the JK is fully loaded with leather seats and indash nav ect. i would like to have the doors off from time to time and not have to worry about stuff getting pinched. what security should i have ? i think their is an alarm system in it but i dont think that would do much if they can just reach in and take what they want !

With the leather seats what should i do when i get in the mud ! cheep seat covers or something else .
and about the in dash nav the one i am looking at is JK FLIP-N-LOCK STEREO COVER & TRAY by Tuffy .. is this a good by for 79.99 us

Any input is great !
Old 05-14-2010, 12:09 PM
JK Freak

as far as securing stuff in the jeep, just look at TUFFY.

the rear security deck, as well as glovebox and center console replacements are good ideas.

Securing the hard top, is best if indoors (at least to me), but I'd at minimum build a stand of some sort to get it off the ground. That being said, you risk it falling off if a good wind hits it, so I'd cover it with something to block the wind from using it as a parachute.... perhaps if you can get a shed?

Do you have a soft top too? that would kind of help keep the jeep clean, and its easier to put up in case of rain, etc.

I'd imagine a cable lock through the doors would protect them from walking off, when they are stored off the jeep, but only from people without bolt cutters.

Dunno what to say about the leather seats, I suppose one of those wet okele style covers may help, but I haven't tried that myself.
Old 05-14-2010, 12:41 PM
JK Super Freak

I have a clifford proximity sensor and it will page my keys with a warning if they get close to my jk and an alarm page if they stick arm foot snow cone lol in my jeep.
So basically, when I get paged I am out there in like 2 seconds tops!

Second on the tuffy products, I have the mygig protector and the concealed carry under seat storage. I leave my glove box and center console unlocked. I figure I rather let them have it then destroy that. With that aside on security, I line x the inside tub and have waterproof iggee seat covers (fake leather) to protect from rain. I just put the top up so no direct rain on my nav system with no doors and windows all summer long! Ohhh and I put a tonneau cover over the rear to protect my sub fromm rain. Just my two cents on protection
Old 05-14-2010, 12:43 PM
JK Super Freak

One more thing, tuffy locks on the doors so they don't walk off from me if the rare case I do have doors on. Only during tornados I put my doors on cause it gets a little windy here in Oklahoma.
Old 05-14-2010, 05:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SilverJK12
One more thing, tuffy locks on the doors so they don't walk off from me if the rare case I do have doors on. Only during tornados I put my doors on cause it gets a little windy here in Oklahoma.
are you talking about JK SECURITY DOOR LOCKER (4 DOOR MODEL) ??

Thanks everyone i will keep it all in mind ! i did find a frame that i can build so i will give that a try !
Old 05-14-2010, 08:33 PM
JK Freak

we kept the cj7 hard top during summer on 2 4"X4" a side of the house for 20 years.
I did the same thing last summer but came to conclusion that keep the freedom panels inside and the top outside is not really a good idea if I want my top to fit panels colors in a couple of years so this summer I will cover the top to protect it from the sun. When you leave you top outside be prepare to kick the spider out and clean it up a little when it time to put it back.

If you ever go with high tech alarm system don't forget to purchase a lock for the hood
Old 05-14-2010, 08:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

35's on an XJ is awsome, please send the pics as I'm really interested about the...

"XJ 3in lift 2in body lift on 35s"

Really?, a body lift on an XJ?
Old 05-15-2010, 12:29 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by jonnybo20
are you talking about JK SECURITY DOOR LOCKER (4 DOOR MODEL) ??

Thanks everyone i will keep it all in mind ! i did find a frame that i can build so i will give that a try !
Yes this....

http://www.4wd.com/productdetails.as...mpaign=product
Old 05-15-2010, 06:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

i cant find any pics of my old xj ... i really miss it .. I did have a ton on my hard drive but my wife put it on a speaker magnet and wiped it .. i will never let her hear the end of it too !

Well i built a frame to set the hard top on . looks like its going to work and i am storing it at my sister in-laws garage so that will take care of that but have to wait till next weekend .
i should be ordering the deck cover and under the seat storage soon

Thanks for the help so far.
Old 05-19-2010, 09:28 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by SilverJK12
So I got these in and I am not sure if they do anything....... Just a big nut really with a key hole. Calling tuffy

Quick Reply: Security ??