Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

shock bushings

Old 05-31-2009, 02:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default shock bushings

where can i get new shock bushings? my rear shock bushings are no more they have been clanking around for 2 days and i cant take it. cant i just order a few new ones? my shocks are rough country but cant seem to find any. i checked some websites but no luck and i need them soon!
Old 05-31-2009, 02:51 PM
JK Junkie

http://www .bds-suspension.com/products/acc_shockbushings.php
Old 05-31-2009, 04:02 PM
JK Freak

how old are the bushings? they really shouldnt wear out too quickly. i had an issue with my skyjacker shock bushings and it turned out they were from a bad batch of whatever that material is. either way, give RC a call and talk it out with them. guarantee one way or another they will steer you in the right direction!!
Old 05-31-2009, 06:10 PM
JK Super Freak

Go to AutoZone and get some shock bushings made by energy suspension...much stiffer than the ones from Rough Country.
Old 06-01-2009, 12:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

thanks everyone i may just get the ones from autozone as suggested. the rc ones didnt last long at all.
Old 06-01-2009, 12:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

I had Pro-Comp on my old TJ and they didn't last 6 months? Had a hell of a time for support, ended up buying Rancho. I haven't replaced the stock Rubicons yet for that reason.
Old 06-04-2009, 02:59 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by welker-jk
thanks everyone i may just get the ones from autozone as suggested. the rc ones didnt last long at all.
There were some problems with a bushing manufacturer about a year ago that got into the production line of quite a few shock manufacturers--and I know that RC was one of them. Maybe you got a set of shocks that had been setting on a shelf in a warehouse for a while. RC has been great about replacing the bushings, but many have been satisfied with the Autozone ones as well.

Quick Reply: shock bushings