Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Should we be pissed?

Old 12-04-2009, 10:09 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Should we be pissed?

OK, one of our JK's is currently in for service at a Jeep dealer getting some TSB's addressed. We were told that we should have it back by noon. Got a call at 11:30 advising they were running behind and would call when it was fiinshed.

At 1300, my wife (Piratekitty) just drove past our JK while it was parked at Taco Bell.

Called the dealer and they advised they were test driving it after the TSB work was completed and the tech's usually will stop for a bite to eat if they are out on a test drive around lunch time and this is typical.

My wife is furious..... I'm annoyed by their actions.....

What do you think?
Old 12-04-2009, 10:15 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd be more than pissed. I don't know how the hierarchy of the dealership command works but I'd be raising hell until I got a lifetime of free oil changes or something.

Either that or torch the place after hours
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I think it's your Jeep, not a dang rental car. It was extremely unprofessional to do something like that. Even more so to admit it as a known practice. You dropped your vehicle off to be serviced. It is their responsibility to perform that service in a timely maner and to treat your property with respect. Exactly what problem were they testing or diagonosing while it was in the parking lot?

What if your JK was in an accident while it was parked on that lot. Who's going to pay for that? Since it's not the dealers lot it's likely not their responsiblity and would fall to your insurance just as sure as if you'd lent the vehicle to someone for the day.

I, personally, would be upset.
JK Junkie

every dealership does this... test drive, lunch break cruise... whatever.. if your lucky they will crash it and buy you a new one.

I know of a dealership that crashed 2 customers WK's head on into each other (not on purpose).. both were in for electrical issues they were having a hard time fixing. the dealer bought both customers new WK's they were happy... P.S.- this the the very same dealership I use, I like their way of doing things, they also own high end car dealerships and everyone gets treated like they own a high end car whether its a Cobalt, muddy Jeep, or Porsche
Old 12-04-2009, 10:31 AM
JK Jedi

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Thumbs down

Not cool at all.
I would be furious too.

Sh*t would hit the fan.... heads would be rolling.
Old 12-04-2009, 10:32 AM
JK Jedi

Unacceptable IMHO!!! The service tech's should take there own vehicle or pack a brown bag for lunch....Totally unacceptable for the dealership tech's to use your vehicle for personal use especially without notification or signing.

They should be signing an agreement like I always do for the dealership when I get a courtesy vehicle something to transfer your vehicles insurance. If they want to use clients vehicles for personal use at least the client/owner gets a headsup the tech's will be using your vehicle for lunch breaks. I would be looking for a new dealership.
Old 12-04-2009, 10:34 AM
JK Newbie

Are you flippin' kidding me? They'd be detailing my Jeep clean after every time I got back from a trip...

That deserves a curb stomp...
Old 12-04-2009, 10:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

did they atleast offer u a taco
Old 12-04-2009, 10:41 AM
JK Junkie

Yeah, when I called them (while it was parked at Taco Bell) they advised it was being driven to verify the the transmission shudder was no longer present after performing the TSB to resolve that issue. I can understand the test drive..... but what I cant understand is the fact they pull into some place for a bite to eat while they are out. To top it off the service writer gigled on the phone and advised this is a common occurence because they are so busy.

Funny thing is they advised they couldnt duplicate the issue I was complaning about. I should have said put down the f'ing Chalupa and then maybe you'll experience the issue we're having.

Originally Posted by jeepnick
did they atleast offer u a taco
NO peace offerings as of yet.... but I'm sure our Jeep smells like a taco now.

Last edited by UGOTKERN; 12-04-2009 at 10:45 AM.
Old 12-04-2009, 10:43 AM
JK Newbie

I would look the jeep over with a fine tooth comb and blame ever little scratch on the test drive.I would then demand to talk to the manager and the owner of the dealership, let them know what was going down.

Quick Reply: Should we be pissed?