Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Side steps

Old 08-21-2018, 04:44 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Side steps

Hey all, I want to add some steps to my 2 door JK. I dont do any heavy rock crawling, but I would like some protection from cars and door dings as well as an easier way to get in and out of the Jeep. I see several options here. Has anyone used the ones that mount to the pinch weld and bolt into the threaded hole under the body? What about the ones that mount using existing body bolts?

Here is an example, there are lots of variations:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00X0KILNA/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=AD8AENOLLD9D9&psc=1
The Mopar ones appear to be plastic (and overpriced).

Suggestions?
Old 08-21-2018, 05:12 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,819 Likes on 1,589 Posts

Since you're not going to be playing in the rocks, something like how those EAG steps mount are fine. Many of them will mount via the pinch seam and then the underside by the body mounts. There are a lot of varieties/manufacturers out there, and none of them are really better than the other for just basic step purposes. Once you get to the point of needing real sliders it's a different story.

EAG is now a vender here. Not sure if they can offer any further discount over displayed prices on Amazon, but you might check with them.
Old 08-21-2018, 05:40 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by resharp001
Since you're not going to be playing in the rocks, something like how those EAG steps mount are fine. Many of them will mount via the pinch seam and then the underside by the body mounts. There are a lot of varieties/manufacturers out there, and none of them are really better than the other for just basic step purposes. Once you get to the point of needing real sliders it's a different story.

EAG is now a vender here. Not sure if they can offer any further discount over displayed prices on Amazon, but you might check with them.
Thank you! I dont see them in the Vendor marketplace above. Is there another place to look?
Old 08-21-2018, 05:46 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,819 Likes on 1,589 Posts

You might send them a PM. Think it was back in April or so of this year they became a sponsoring vender of JK-Forum. Their ID on here is Official_EAG. You can click the link below, and right under where it says "Forum Sponsor" under their name, you can send a message to them through that drop down. Not sure if they can do anything further for a member here, but worth asking.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/memb...al_eag-135366/
Old 08-21-2018, 05:48 AM
JK Newbie

Perfect, will do that, thank you!
Old 08-21-2018, 06:24 AM
JK Junkie

Received 159 Likes on 140 Posts

Why not simply search marketplaces for factory take-off side steps? That's what I did. However, I will note that they don't stick out far enough to be very effective in helping to get into the Jeep.
Old 08-27-2018, 05:55 AM
JK Newbie

Here is how I ended up. They do not really function as steps, a bit too high. But nice door ding avoidance bars
Old 08-28-2018, 05:54 AM
JK Newbie

STAY AWAY FROM BARRICADE. I bought side steps 2 months ago and they have significant rust. They told me they don't warranty them for that! He told me to paint them myself with a rust prevention paint. I bought them from American Trucks. Theses products are made for them. Last sale for me from them.

Quick Reply: Side steps