Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Sign the 2007 JK Plastic Petition

Old 04-15-2007, 09:43 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree. I think FR Design did a nice job for a young man but maybe if we had some lawyer or technical writer do it up we would get a much bigger response from the forum members. That was my first thought when I read it.

Do we have anyone with the gift to gab on paper out there? Oh, and if you are going to do a rough draft while sitting in your Jeep, don't bump the dash with your pad or pencil.
Old 04-15-2007, 10:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can you guys post pics of your dash's and the plastic you are talkign about that scratches so easily?

I have heard over and over the same thing. I got my 4 door a few weeks ago and it was made in Feb 07 and I have NO scratchy cheap plastic. The dash has a weird texture to it im wondering if that was the fix.

Seriously, I have ran my nails across every piece in there and have a dog with sharp nails who loses his mind when I jump out for 2 seconds and I have no scratches whatsoever.

I atually think the plastic is better than in my TJ.
Old 04-15-2007, 10:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

I was about to sign it and then I got stuck reading the same line again and again.

"This is crap, and Jeep owners should not pay $20-$30,000 vehicles for quality like this"

I believe the last part of the sentence is missing some words.
Old 04-15-2007, 11:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

you'd be better off just following the instructions given in a previous post:
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/stock-jk-tech-12/official-crappy-plastic-interior-replacement-petition-2493/

This will get more results than signing any petition (especially one wordsmithed by a teenager.)
Old 04-15-2007, 12:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

I am careful with the plastic so I don't have many scratches, but I do agree that it is way to soft. I'm in to help the future Jeep owners!
Old 04-15-2007, 02:01 PM
JK Junkie

Exclamation Rewrite - hope this helps.

I have no issues with my interior plastic, but feel for those of you that do. Here's a quick paraphrased "rewrite" as per Rubimon's request - Rubimon: we're even for the mirror drill mod now (see my sig line - I'm proud of that!). Begin rewrite:

Attention Daimler Chrysler Corporation:

As you are likely aware, much of the plastic used in the interiors of the 2007 Jeep Wrangler and Wrangler Unlimited is very easily scratched. For example, many owners have complained that their fingernails have left deep, permanent scratches in this plastic, and some have even reported that paper will cut this plastic!

We Jeep owners have paid $20-$30,000+ for our vehicles, and materials of this poor quality are simply unacceptable. Jeep's excellent heritage and own press releases indicate that this should be the most off-road capable and "tough" vehicle produced; indeed, this is why many of us made our purchases to begin with. Again, this lapse in manufacturing quality is not only disheartening, but downright unacceptable, and will ultimately cause Jeep and the Daimler Chrysler corporation to lose scores of would-be future buyers.

It is our collective hope that by formally bringing this matter to your attention, you will take prompt and sincere action to correct this matter, and that future buyers will not need to fear interior materials that fail to live up to the rugged tradition and reputation of the Wrangler.

Thank you,

We, the Undersigned:

<FR: sigs go here>

How'd I do?
Old 04-15-2007, 02:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Bravo! Much better! I'd sign that. :-)
Old 04-15-2007, 02:26 PM
JK Freak

888.........You do have a way with words....nice job...
Old 04-15-2007, 03:31 PM
JK Newbie

make this a sticky tread what do you think.
Old 04-16-2007, 04:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

petition away people. DC may improve the newer models they are producing but those of us that got ours earlier aren't going to see a dang thing out of them. They figure they have our money, who cares? Corporations could care less if our interior is scratched up on our brand new vehicles. Heck for instance my Jeep was under the ABS recall, and I found out about the recall about a month (on this site) before DC ever thought...hmm maybe we should send this guy a letter before he wrecks and sues us...

Ericdewayne probably got the most attention from DC about the interior and still got nothing done.

Petitions written poorly or not aren't going to sway DC into sending us to our dealers for brand new dashboards & consoles. It would cost THEM too much money. I'm sure they'd mass produce new dashboards/consoles if WE were the ones footing the bill.

Quick Reply: Sign the 2007 JK Plastic Petition