Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Skid Row Top Prop Question

Old 11-08-2010, 09:22 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Skid Row Top Prop Question

Has anyone used the Skid Row Top Prop, specifically for the 4-door?

It's costs $30 more than the one for the 2-door, is that because it comes with a prop for the front and back? If not, any idea why it's so much more?

Any long term issues of stretching out the top, thus possible causing more issues than it helps?

I have a rack, how high does it push it up? I would not want the top and rack to rub as it will damage the top.

http://www.quadratec.com/products/11020_0402_PG.htm
Old 11-08-2010, 12:29 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I always thought these were an interesting concept, but never laid down the money to test one on my 2 door. That will get you a bump to the top, hopefully someone that has picked up one of these will chime in.
Old 11-08-2010, 01:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by scouter4life
Has anyone used the Skid Row Top Prop, specifically for the 4-door?

It's costs $30 more than the one for the 2-door, is that because it comes with a prop for the front and back? If not, any idea why it's so much more?

Any long term issues of stretching out the top, thus possible causing more issues than it helps?

I have a rack, how high does it push it up? I would not want the top and rack to rub as it will damage the top.

http://www.quadratec.com/products/11020_0402_PG.htm
I have been using one for 2 years now on my safari top and have not had any issues. It does what it is designed to do, keep water from puddling up in the top when it rains.
I have a 2 dr so I don't know if it comes with 2 props for the 4 dr.
I also run a rack and there is no interference at all. It only pushes the the top up a couple of inches. You can always trip the prop if it gives too much lift. I like the fact that it is tight because it cuts down on the wind noise, no flapping top.
Old 11-08-2010, 01:40 PM
JK Junkie

A quick call to Skid Row confirmed that the 4-door version comes with 2 bars, so deffinately worth the extra $30.
Old 05-31-2011, 12:30 PM
JK Super Freak

Ok, so this comes with 2 bars, check. If I only want one for the front seat, I could just buy the 2 door (even though I have a 4), correct? There would be no other difference. My flapping comes almost entirely from front section as I have the rampage combo top and the front section extends back of the sound bar (which is what it flaps against)...
Old 06-03-2011, 02:50 AM
JK Newbie

I ordered the JK 4 door version on Monday and got it Wednesday. Great quality and not too difficult to install if you take your time and don't rush. I got it from JeepinOutfitters for $51.00 including shipping; the 2 door and the 4 door versions cost the same ($39.99) on their site.
Old 06-03-2011, 07:29 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Heater
I ordered the JK 4 door version on Monday and got it Wednesday. Great quality and not too difficult to install if you take your time and don't rush. I got it from JeepinOutfitters for $51.00 including shipping; the 2 door and the 4 door versions cost the same ($39.99) on their site.
Just checked it out and the 4dr is showing a cost of $75.00 now, so you must have gotten a smokin deal. Just to confirm, you got 2 bars for $51?
Old 06-04-2011, 03:31 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by scouter4life
Just checked it out and the 4dr is showing a cost of $75.00 now, so you must have gotten a smokin deal. Just to confirm, you got 2 bars for $51?
Yep, the two bars and all hardware for $51. I must have gotten lucky? Maybe worth giving them a call for the $39.99 price and tell them I recently got it for that much?

Quick Reply: Skid Row Top Prop Question