Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Skinny vs Wide Fender Flares

Old 05-06-2021, 02:32 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,826 Likes on 1,596 Posts

Non-magnetic would indicate aluminum most likely, which would be good. You might check out the PSC aluminum flares and see if the supporting hardware matches up to what you see supporting yours.
Old 06-25-2021, 06:55 PM
JK Newbie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have MC Overlines. It's kinda exactly as others pointed out though, find something you like and run with it. My advice, find something you can be happy seeing everyday and that what ever changes you have to make to mount em, try and build on those changes.

my reasoning is, I can take the rears off so it's just a flat plate and I can take the fronts off so it's only a rub rail.

What I will say though, I try to follow the common sense laws, and in this state fenders are regulated but it's more so you don't wash out everyone else if you run through something.

I will say this, they came powder coated and they started to rust along the welds and seams after the first winter, so do yourself a sold and get em plain and spray em or coat em yourself.

Would I get them again? Yes and no, I would probably be better served with an aluminum to cut on the weight
Old 06-26-2021, 11:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 51 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by xMikeD
I will say this, they came powder coated and they started to rust along the welds and seams after the first winter, so do yourself a sold and get em plain and spray em or coat em yourself.
I have the MC Overlines also but I had mine coated with Sherwin Williams 646 Macropoxy first and then Bullet Lined. Hopefully these don't rust. I have had other pieces powder coated and been disappointed that they immediately started to bubble and rust the next winter. No more powder coat for me.
The following users liked this post:
xMikeD (06-26-2021)

Quick Reply: Skinny vs Wide Fender Flares