Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

So Close SO SO Close

Old 05-01-2008, 03:01 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So Close SO SO Close

So I was on jeep.com today looking at inventory. About 60 miles away from me there was a Jeep that caught my eye, so I looked at the window sticker.

Unlimited X- Check

Steel Blue- Check

6 spd- Check

This looks promising...

23 S package- Check

LSD- Check

Good Good...

Front Airbags- Check

Tow package- Check

Holy CRAP! this is my Jeep!

Freedom Top- DAMN IT! DAMN IT! MOTHER F-ING DAMN IT!!!!!!!!!!!

I live in So CAl and have no need or desire for a hard top, but I can certainly use the $700 they add to the price. DAMN IT! It makes me scream and my new puppy howl in agony.

What are the chances the dealer will be willing to switch it out for a soft top?

P.S. I am now a JK enthusiast without a Jeep...
Old 05-01-2008, 03:11 PM
JK Super Freak

You could sell that hard top for more than you would pay to get a bestop super top, or even get an OEM top off of someone here on the forum.

In other words...

BUY IT!!!!

You know you want to.
Old 05-01-2008, 04:10 PM
JK Newbie

Damn camp....
You beat me to it!
Old 05-01-2008, 04:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

This is too funny...i'm in San Diego with the opposite problem...don't want the soft top...want the hard top. hmmm...i'm going to ask the dealer to switch it out, hopefully they go for it.
Old 05-01-2008, 06:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rockemsock
This is too funny...i'm in San Diego with the opposite problem...don't want the soft top...want the hard top. hmmm...i'm going to ask the dealer to switch it out, hopefully they go for it.
Why no soft top? they are so flexible to meet any weather condition!
Just curious because I love my soft top.
Old 05-02-2008, 08:43 AM
JK Super Freak

The idea of the hard top is hard for me to get behind. My TJ was a soft top and I drove it and parked it in some pretty sketchy areas of L.A. and Hollywood when I was doing shows up there and never had a problem.

I am afraid if I get the hard top and can't sell it, it will just take up space in my garage.

My wife is sticking to the "you have to sell the Vespa first" thing, so I need to get a move on.

I was going to order one in an alternative color, but this Jeep is so close to perfect, and in the discontinued color I want I am not sure I could handle the wait.
Old 05-02-2008, 09:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Greystn JK
Why no soft top? they are so flexible to meet any weather condition!
Just curious because I love my soft top.
A few reasons. I like the look better, I think the hard tops weather better over the years, road noise is less in a hard top. The plan is to have two tops, a bikini and the hard top. In San Diego it's pretty rare that it rains and we don't know its coming, so I'll probably have the hard top on during the winter month, and have it off for the other 11.
Old 05-02-2008, 09:11 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by sully151
My wife is sticking to the "you have to sell the Vespa first" thing, so I need to get a move on.
Yeah, but if we all listened to our wives, half of us wouldn't have Jeeps and most of the rest of our Jeeps would still be stock.
I usually announce to my wife when I'm not going to follow her advice. She just shakes her head and laughs at me. Of course, she does the same to me, so it works out.
Selling a Vespa eh? Should be easy to sell these days with gas prices where they are. Wish we were closer... My wife really wants one.
Old 05-02-2008, 09:29 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Goose
You could sell that hard top for more than you would pay to get a bestop super top, or even get an OEM top off of someone here on the forum.

In other words...

BUY IT!!!!

You know you want to.
what he said
Old 05-02-2008, 09:30 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Rockemsock
The plan is to have two tops, a bikini and the hard top. In San Diego it's pretty rare that it rains and we don't know its coming, so I'll probably have the hard top on during the winter month, and have it off for the other 11.
I have considered doing this as well, but it would suck to be out on a nice day in the winter and not be able to put the top down on a whim.

Quick Reply: So Close SO SO Close