Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

So far I am VERY happy with my JK

Old 04-30-2007, 02:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Getting the top on correctly was a PITA the first couple of times for me (it was the rear window installation that tore my knuckles up). Now it's getting faster.

I bought an aftermarket burrito for my windows that sits in the back, so now I feel comfortable taking down the top at work and knowing I can put it back up by myself in a few minutes.

Damn. This is a sweet ride. I get more stares in this vehicle than I did in my bright yellow Land Rover.
Old 04-30-2007, 04:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

See...I KNEW there were some happy JK owners out there!! My neighbor is now thinking of one!

Remember...this JK is the FUTURE for Jeep and we are the pioneers for it. Jeep needs to hear the good with the bad....and its so easy to say bad things...BUT...people LOVE to hear the good too.

However I am VERY pissed today....Weather.com said it was supposed to be a chance of Thunderstorms! And I hear on the way in...SUNNY and 82!!! NOOOOOO...the top is up!! Oh wait...I CAN drop the top for the ride home...
Old 04-30-2007, 04:32 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I do not think I could be happier with my Jeep...even with all the scratches, paint chips, etc...It just makes me so happy.... It is so much fun- makes everyday an adventure....even if I am just running to Target!! I love the freedom of the top down....and cannot wait to take the doors off...the hum of my mud terrains....ohhh really Jeeps are so exciting!!! And I love being a woman driving a Jeep... different is good!!!! I want to mod up my Jeep.... I just love the idea...of a lady steppin' out of a lifed, mud terrained, winch on bumper Jeep....the more rugged the better!!
Old 04-30-2007, 06:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JKGirl
I do not think I could be happier with my Jeep...even with all the scratches, paint chips, etc...It just makes me so happy.... It is so much fun- makes everyday an adventure....even if I am just running to Target!! I love the freedom of the top down....and cannot wait to take the doors off...the hum of my mud terrains....ohhh really Jeeps are so exciting!!! And I love being a woman driving a Jeep... different is good!!!! I want to mod up my Jeep.... I just love the idea...of a lady steppin' out of a lifed, mud terrained, winch on bumper Jeep....the more rugged the better!!
Yer not related to my wife are you? Thats what she wants to do to her 06 TJ...lol...
Old 04-30-2007, 06:23 AM
JK Newbie

I love mine!!!
Old 04-30-2007, 08:22 AM
JK Super Freak

So far, my "main" gripe is the front seat for me....I just have not found a good position (for me) for longer drives that I can't use the cruise on....the position of the front seat is such that it always seems to cut into my thighs hard.

THAT is an issue that is "my" problem in my personal body build, not in the Jeep itself. I will solve it, just not 100% sure "how" yet.

Other than that, the power from the engine is fine (okay, so it might be nice to go up a hill at 75 on the interstate, and not have it kick out of OD and hit such high revs to try to maintain speed). Hard top has ZERO leaks. Really have not noticed the plastic inside scratching that badly....but maybe I need new glasses. No wierd noises, transmission works fine, no stalling, no radio cutting out....basically none of the "problems" many others have brought to the boards for complaints.

All that said, my Jeep was a later build, so a lot of those issues have likely been worked out now....maybe there was something to be said for waiting for 6 months for my Jeep to get built and get to me.

Quick Reply: So far I am VERY happy with my JK