Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

So the FJ guy says all JKs look the same???

Old 10-26-2010, 09:46 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So the FJ guy says all JKs look the same???

I was at Francis peak and there was a whole line of FJs up there from a SLC FJ club. I start talking to the guys and some of these FJs are tricked out with winches and bumpers so I say nice looking FJ to one of the guys. He says thanks and then tells me that he is a Jeep fan too, but the thing he hates about JKs is that they all look the same.

I process what he just said and looked at the 8 FJs all lined up in a row and asked if he was serious pointing to all the FJs. I then pointed to my JK with all the doors off, and the soft top on with no windows and explained that with JKs you can remove the doors, change out all kinds of hard tops and soft tops and that there are way more aftermarket parts for JKs than for FJs. I explained that every FJ here has the same top, the same doors, the only thing different was the wheels and the bumpers and an inch or two of lift height.

The FJ guy looked at me and explained how he would be nice and cozy inside his FJ with its doors on and not exposed to the elements and breathing trail dust like I would be in my JK.

I decided this FJ guy was not on the same wavelength. I so I got ready to head off down the trail when another FJ guy asked me if I knew the trail ahead, and when I told them I did they all asked if I would lead them. There I was a lone JK leading the pack of FJs down the trail. I just smiled as we headed sown the trail with a bunch of clueless FJs tagging behind.

What is it about FJ guys?

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0300.jpg
Views:	1029
Size:	99.0 KB
ID:	98280  

Last edited by porters; 10-29-2010 at 06:50 AM. Reason: Added a pic
Old 10-26-2010, 10:02 AM
JK Freak

Good post! I saw a guy today in a FJ that had one of those "Life is Good" tire covers in the back...with a Jeep right in the middle of it! Truthfully, I think those are the TJ, but regardless, the FJ does not have that kind of following and this was definitely not a FJ in the middle of his tire cover. I think he wishes he had a Jeep!
Old 10-26-2010, 12:04 PM
JK Super Freak

I found a video of JKs and FJs wheeling together in Hawaii. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_ERb5AG7n4&feature=related
Old 10-26-2010, 12:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to break it to FJ people, they all look like Barbie cars.
Old 10-26-2010, 12:30 PM
JK Super Freak

I have to say, I have been off-roading a lot around Utah. I see lots of Jeeps, and sometimes an FJ, but I have never seen a Hummer H3 on the trail. Am I the only one to notice this?
Old 10-26-2010, 12:41 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have seen an H3 or two on the trails at our local offroad place, looked nice actually, the guy had a good time.
Old 10-26-2010, 01:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by porters
The FJ guy looked at me and explained how he would be nice and cozy inside his FJ with its doors on and not exposed to the elements and breathing trail dust like I would be in my JK.
I would have gone back to the first guy and pointed out that you don't get much trail dust when you are in the front of the pack.
Old 10-26-2010, 01:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

I would of said "Sure, do you have a tow strap, we can hook you all together"
Old 10-26-2010, 01:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would trade my jeep for a new FJ40 in a heart beat....too bad they don't make them anymore. The FJ Cruiser was such a disappointment.
Old 10-26-2010, 01:19 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by porters
I have to say, I have been off-roading a lot around Utah. I see lots of Jeeps, and sometimes an FJ, but I have never seen a Hummer H3 on the trail. Am I the only one to notice this?
I got a three-fer when camping a couple weeks ago.

But, alas, the FJ and the Hummer aren't really used off-road, and the Rubi is used on a ranch, so sees dirt/mud trails, etc, but that was his first time on rocks.

Quick Reply: So the FJ guy says all JKs look the same???