Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

So it was a weird feeling but i liked it!!!!

Old 04-18-2008, 06:31 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So it was a weird feeling but i liked it!!!!

Well i took the top and doors off yesterday and me being me decided to wash it after i had done all this. I had a bunch of mud and grime in the floor from the past winter since i had removed all my carpet. Well i proceeded to remove the drain plugs and wash the inside just like i did the outside!!! Everything came perfectly clean and dried using just a few towels. I will never go back to carpet again!!!!!
Old 04-18-2008, 06:52 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You might want to use some rubber floor mats or something or you will wear the paint off in a hurry from your shoes.
Old 04-18-2008, 06:57 AM
JK Freak

i've got the mopar slush mats.
Old 04-18-2008, 07:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by pkdailey4
You might want to use some rubber floor mats or something or you will wear the paint off in a hurry from your shoes.
What's the difference in the rubber on the sole of your shoes as oppossed to a large rubber mat wearing the paint off? Especially if dirt/sand gets under the mat it'll act just like a large piece of sand paper
Old 04-18-2008, 07:18 AM
JK Freak

in all honesty who really cares. I took the carpet out so i wouldn't ruin it. If i decide to sell it i will just put it back in a noone will ever be able to tell a difference.
Old 04-18-2008, 08:10 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by hiteck
What's the difference in the rubber on the sole of your shoes as oppossed to a large rubber mat wearing the paint off? Especially if dirt/sand gets under the mat it'll act just like a large piece of sand paper
There is no difference. My mats wore the paint of my TJ in less than a year. The JK has that sound stuff that sticks up so it might not be as bad. We will find out. I hate carpet in a Jeep. I have been told that sand gets through the carpet and does the same thing also. Don't know if that is true or not.
Old 04-18-2008, 08:22 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by saltman
There is no difference. My mats wore the paint of my TJ in less than a year. The JK has that sound stuff that sticks up so it might not be as bad. We will find out. I hate carpet in a Jeep. I have been told that sand gets through the carpet and does the same thing also. Don't know if that is true or not.
Absolutely possible... fine particles will work their way through the carpet over time, with vibrations from driving, etc. acting as a "sifting" action.
Old 07-10-2008, 01:17 AM
JK Freak

I'm thinking of taking all the carpet out and putting a thick cargo mat in the rear. I don't haul rocks and lumber, just the dog...and band gear.
Old 07-10-2008, 01:24 AM
JK Freak

oh yeah, and in response to the title of this thread...THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID!
Old 07-10-2008, 04:44 AM
JK Freak

Im thinking about rhino lining mine

Quick Reply: So it was a weird feeling but i liked it!!!!