Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

So what's the general concensus on drop in air filters?

Old 01-25-2011, 03:27 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So what's the general concensus on drop in air filters?

I guess what I'm trying to find out is for those that have put a K&N or AFE drop in air filter in. Do you think it was worth the extra cost or would you have been just as happy with an OEM air filter? I know all about it being reusable and not having to buy another air filter ever again. I'm more interested in the performance gain over an OEM filter. I know the gains aren't neck breaking, but just wondering if you would do it again?
Thanks,
Old 01-25-2011, 03:46 AM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by KCTW
I guess what I'm trying to find out is for those that have put a K&N or AFE drop in air filter in. Do you think it was worth the extra cost or would you have been just as happy with an OEM air filter? I know all about it being reusable and not having to buy another air filter ever again. I'm more interested in the performance gain over an OEM filter. I know the gains aren't neck breaking, but just wondering if you would do it again?
Thanks,
I've used them in the past. If I were doing several performance up-grades, I probably would. But you have to consider the extra maintenance also.
Old 01-25-2011, 04:38 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Since 2008, I have the K&N filter in my JK, and also in my Jeep Patriot.
Very satisfied, *easy to clean, a bit a gas saving.
I will never come back with oem filters

*try to clean the filter when the wife is far away

Last edited by JKU Rubicon; 01-25-2011 at 04:41 AM.

Quick Reply: So what's the general concensus on drop in air filters?