Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Soft top fitment issue....

Old 04-16-2017, 06:48 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Soft top fitment issue....

I have a 2-door '14 Wrangler Sport with a soft top. I've had the pleasure of running it nekkid this week. Tomorrow is supposed to storm so I just closed it back up and noticed this gap over my driver side door surround right under the top. The other side does not do this. I've seen this in the past but I didn't think it was this bad. I've readjusted each side individually and can't seem to correct it. Anybody else having this sort of problem? Any solutions? One pic is outside in the dark. The other was after I put it back in the garage. Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	20170416_213643.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	2.91 MB
ID:	670366   Click image for larger version

Name:	20170416_212820.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	2.60 MB
ID:	670367  
Old 04-17-2017, 07:24 AM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

Check to make sure there's nothing on the surround and that the cable isn't hung up on anything. I don't have nearly that kind of gap with my '13 2dr top.
Old 11-16-2019, 11:35 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Cutman
I have a 2-door '14 Wrangler Sport with a soft top. I've had the pleasure of running it nekkid this week. Tomorrow is supposed to storm so I just closed it back up and noticed this gap over my driver side door surround right under the top. The other side does not do this. I've seen this in the past but I didn't think it was this bad. I've readjusted each side individually and can't seem to correct it. Anybody else having this sort of problem? Any solutions? One pic is outside in the dark. The other was after I put it back in the garage. Thanks!

Did you ever fix this?
Old 11-18-2019, 05:23 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I think my issue was that those little pins that allow the sunrider to flip open don't always stay engaged when I go to the other side and work on my top.

Quick Reply: Soft top fitment issue....